Issues resizing images

dbird

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So, my pictures look good while in iphoto and photoshop, but when I upload them to my blog they look grainy. I do have to resize them before I upload them could that be the problem. Please help!

They're probably being not only resized but also significantly compressed by the host. Resizing them prior to uploading might help, but you can't control how much the host is compressing them.

Try putting thumbnails on your blog, and then link the thumbnails to pics on a pic server like Flickr.

that's a good idea. I'll have to try that. Thanks!

That would definitely be your best bet. If it's easier for you, you might just try resizing before uploading still. That's less that the host is having to do and if it's resized already they won't have to compress as much to reach a desired filesize, etc.

or just host the photos on flickr and embed them in your blog posts so your host doesn't even have to touch them

or just host the photos on flickr and embed them in your blog posts so your host doesn't even have to touch them

Try putting thumbnails on your blog, and then link the thumbnails to pics on a pic server like Flickr.

Read the thread first? :D

he suggested to put a thumbnail on it, and have it link to flickr when u click on it

i meant to just embed the photo, and not bother with thumbnails and linking... kinda like how u embed them in forum posts here... cuz seriously, who like clicking a thumbnail...

to me, that's different. maybe i didn't explain it well enough.

Gotcha, just givin' you a hard time, hehe.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back