It got me thinking....

katy625

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
The May texture contest got me thinking. Who here is a fan of using textures and who isn't....and why. Who thinks it adds an edge to photography or who thinks it detracts from photography. I happen to love using textures to create scenes that couldn't be found in nature. I feel like it allows me to tell a story......but I wonder who thinks its just a waste of time. Im not trying to single any one out...i just want to know if I am wasting my time in PS when i need to be spending more time behind my camera.....because i feel like i am constantly wandering between the two....wavering more. Here is an example of something I put together. Some of this was my own textures that i created and some I got from flickr w/ permission of the owner....these are not being sold....only for my own practice btw. I was going for a Whistlers Mother sort of thing..... pic of the girl is my BFF of 19 yrs.

burningbush-1.jpg

Last edited:
Personally, I would like to do more stuff like this, but using traditional methods.

You should keep going as long as you find it enjoyable. Otherwise what is the point.

yeah i have a few ideas that could use traditional methods....i think using traditional methods would force u to be more creative......this pic up top would have been difficult to do though as i would have to set an actual tree on fire! Lol:lol:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back