It is squirreltastic

I love the ways the squirrels move. They can be in remarkable poses all you need is the patience and a good lense.

thanks again :) patience wasn't my strong point that morning ... but the lens is ok :)

Awww.
Mega "awww-factor" involved in all of these.
To have this one STOP and stay, even though you had to use the full length of the 300mm AND crop, but still. I see them sometimes, but only their "whoosh" when they go up the tree ... or I see them as roadkill :cry: - that's when they are no longer this cute and pretty.

Congratulations on getting this one so sharp and clear, I best like its expression in the very last photo.

Thanks! :)

use the full length of the 300mm AND crop, but still. I see them sometimes, but only their "whoosh" when they go up the tree

Well, it is a 300mm prime, so I have no choice there with shorter lengths ;)

And I realised for small animals like these you do not really need a zoom .. your lens is always too short ...

Knuddelig, schnuffig, putzig, niedlich, süß!

Danke danke :) Soviel nette Worte habe ich gar nicht verdient ;) ... ach halt, die galten ja dem Eichhörnchen :p

( Sorry for falling into German habits guys ;) )

It's amazing how much difference a fuzzy tail makes. Without it these'd just be pictures of rats. Good pictures, still rats.

My Scottish pen pal used to drop similar remarks. Although she, of course, was referring to the dratted grey ones that seem to have taken over the UK (How's that for an un-friendly take over???). Totally inappropriate for the ever-so-cute red squirrel, of course!!! :wink:

Lovely shots, Alex - ## 7 and 8 definitely get my vote!

I love #2, what a cutie!

Thanks, Ranger.

We'll have to get Sabine to brush up her English, then, don't we?

well, we could, but then again I like posting in Germany from time to time to make this forum even more international ;)

Most reactions

Back