It's a Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood C&C

KAikens318

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
DSC_0799_5_6_7_tonemapped.jpg

DSC_0781_77_79_tonemapped.jpg

Yes I tend to agree with Plato - the second one would be great if the horizon was level and a little elss saturation.

i think there is to much saturation, the colors kind of turn me off

I have to agree. While I love saturated color, it's a little too strong here. It's really visible in the clouds where the saturation has created stark changes in color rather than subtle transitions.

And the second one has writing all over it. :p

I have to agree. While I love saturated color, it's a little too strong here. It's really visible in the clouds where the saturation has created stark changes in color rather than subtle transitions.

And the second one has writing all over it. :p

Lol yeah, I don't want to buy Photomatix until I am really comfortable with HDR and can make it worth it and at this point I think I am going to stop with the HDR until I can really get a handle on the rest of the mechanics on photography. HDR just hasn't been working out and it takes up too much time! Lol.

Although when I am using Photomatix, the colors don't look over processed or saturated when I am tone mapping, the photo that comes out after processing is so different...

I desaturated the second a little bit, is that better?

DSC_0781_77_79_tonemapped.jpg

Doesn't really look any different to me...
Striaghten the horizon!

Doesn't really look any different to me...
Striaghten the horizon!

It doesn't look different from the photo above because I edited in photobucket, just replaced the original, so that is gone now.

How do you want me to straighten the horizon? That is straight. Those trees in the background are further back and curved around, it's not a straight on lake or anything. The building is level if you look at it

KAikens318, just so you know what I did...

I looked at the far off reflection/whitish area on the water as a reference. While you are right that you can't use the curving shoreline as the reference, you need to look for another detail to go by. Water is always flat, so look for things in that. I still think my edit is a bit off though. I also used the lens distortion filter to correct some distortion, thus I had to crop a bit. If you look at the light pole on the right of your image it curved inward, as did the pillars of the building. You can see this if you apply a grid to your image.

Also, the distortion can be seen if you bring the edge of the browser window in and use that as a straight edge.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back