It's Alive!!!

So when do we get to see all these long lost files??!!!

Jeesh Josh I am surprised you would share that much beer with your laptop:lol:
Troy

Your computer is alive and you couldn't bring your ass on TPF tonight for TRUEBLOOD... Shame on you. :lol:

Bug bite that turned into a staph infection... Wasn't feeling too hot.

Turns out that you have to pay for that software...lol. Should have seen that coming...

Will SanDisc RescuePro (I have that) work on an entire hard drive? ...I thought it was only for memory cards.

Might have to try it tomorrow.

Some happier news...Just ordered a new video card. Sapphire Vapor-X Radeon HD 4890. :)
(my b-day present to myself...;))

...My games have been a bit sluggish lately, time for an upgrade.

Bug bite that turned into a staph infection... Wasn't feeling too hot.

Turns out that you have to pay for that software...lol. Should have seen that coming...

Will SanDisc RescuePro (I have that) work on an entire hard drive? ...I thought it was only for memory cards.

Might have to try it tomorrow.

Some happier news...Just ordered a new video card. Sapphire Vapor-X Radeon HD 4890. :)
(my b-day present to myself...;))

...My games have been a bit sluggish lately, time for an upgrade.
What games are you playing?

lol...video card is cancelled... not compatable. time for a new computer, maybe.

I only play a few games. Mostly Hearts of Iron III and NavyField. Both WWII games.

How was it not compatible? That thing is a beast... :)

If you like to do it in the command line, you can take a look at this as well. Make sure you have a spare drive do dump your files to. It works for me in the past.

Findpart Partition Utilities

The person who make the software, Olaf Mikkelsen is very helpful. I saw him answer a lot of questions and help other people in newsgroup to recover their files.

findpart and findntfs is good if you know what to do.

(speaking about the perservation of the files... In other words, film = better for keeping safe)

I've probably still lost more negatives than digital files, even if I was unable to recover anything.

At least with digital, you have a chance to get it back. With film, once it's gone - it's gone.

True, I had a small drip in my basement - which just happened to be right above my negative binder. I lost everything, including my trip to Paris which I shot entirely in b&w. My negatives are now stored in a waterproof/fireproof safe.

Glad to hear you were able to recover your files :)

My laptop, which has been dead for about 2 years now is running!

(It took a full pint of beer down the keyboard.)

I had to reformat the hard drive and reinstall Windows...
Running recovery software now...

Hopefully I'll be able to recover my RAWs. That's all I really want off of it, but it is nice that it's working again.

So far the recovery software has found over 1000 files (but no RAWs), it's only like 15% done though, so maybe there's hope.

:)

It would be awesome if I could recover them! All of the pictures from when my daughter was born are on there. I backed them up to a DVD, but something went wrong and the disk came out blank. :(

By the time I noticed, it was too late.
It is magic!!!:lol: My congratulations!!!You are lucky!!!!:thumbup:

Pretty sure it was Shiner.

Why arent you at work.....lol Slacker!!

Most reactions

Back