It's amazing how one person can screw things up so much(D4 related)

Hooligan Dan

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
A couple weeks ago my apartment was burglarized. On a Saturday, at 2:30 am, a guy climbed through my bedroom window, grabbed my PS3 and fell over my desk trying to get back out. That noise woke my girlfriend and I up and he scrambled out of the window. Police came but couldn't find the guy. The next day, in the late evening we went to the grocery store, locked the windows and came back about 45 minutes later. The guy returned, this time pushing the window of of the frame. He made off with only an iPod dock but my D3s, D300 and the rest of my gear was there for the taking.

A couple days later the guy was arrested because he fell asleep on the sidewalk on the next block over.

Because of burglaries, the cost of moving into a new place, paying security deposit, pet deposit and paying rent and utilities on the new and old place I took my extra money/camera equipment account down to only $1000.

Today I got the call that my D4 came in. And because of one junkie looking for some quick cash I had to tell them I can't buy it right now.

Luckily the shop was very understanding and said they would have one for me when I'm ready.

I'll have it eventually, but turning them down hurt.

/rant

Sad...

Buy some metal bars for your windows or move.....

Sad...

Buy some metal bars for your windows or move.....

Get a big mean ass sounding dog. Burglars hate dogs. Best home defense ever. They work better then any fire arm of security system out there. Seriously, get a dog. Like a rot or a doberman. They will love you but would tear up anybody thats not supposed to be there.

Did you at least get your gear back?

I suggest a Glock in .40, followed by a D4 =)

feels horrible to get robbed but be glad you didn't get robbed by a pro..Sounds like a kid, things kids do, they have no idea how that effects their victoms.

Most reactions

Back