Its been a while

nmoody

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Its been a few years since I have posted here. Still doing some photography here and there but the hobby took a back seat for some other things in life. Now the bug has hit again and I find myself planning shots once again.

One interesting turn was taking up mountain biking which took me away from the bustle of people more and out into the wilderness. Some great photo's came from this that otherwise would never would of happened. Im more of a landscape person so this worked out awesome for me.

Recently picked up Lightroom CC to replace my Lightroom 4 so I re-edited a bunch of pictures getting to know it better. Here are some photos from over the past few years in my absence.

BclGNXm.jpg

nDWYS2S.jpg

rf3CEL9.jpg

KmSHN5j.jpg

rhhFc1y.jpg

BXZL3rR.jpg

1d7W40Q.jpg

hvv04xy.jpg

#7.....................Stunning! (I love "tree" art).

Its been a few years since I have posted here. Still doing some photography here and there but the hobby took a back seat for some other things in life. Now the bug has hit again and I find myself planning shots once again.

One interesting turn was taking up mountain biking which took me away from the bustle of people more and out into the wilderness. Some great photo's came from this that otherwise would never would of happened. Im more of a landscape person so this worked out awesome for me.

Recently picked up Lightroom CC to replace my Lightroom 4 so I re-edited a bunch of pictures getting to know it better. Here are some photos from over the past few years in my absence.

BclGNXm.jpg

nDWYS2S.jpg

rf3CEL9.jpg

KmSHN5j.jpg

rhhFc1y.jpg

BXZL3rR.jpg

1d7W40Q.jpg

hvv04xy.jpg
I really like #7!

Like them all - but especially the sunlight through the trees images.

Thanks all! #6 and #7 seem to be popular ones and were a complete chance encounter that I didn't plan.

I didn't have any of my gear on me and was heading into the hills for some early morning mountain biking when I passed along the ridge in my car with fog starting to roll through these awesomely mossy trees with perfect sunlight flowing through.

I pulled over and watch it for a second as the scene was constantly changing due to how the fog was rolling in. Absolutely spectacular and wish I had also shot video. I used my iPhone to take those and a minute after I took the picture the fog was taken away by the wind. I didnt expect the shots to come out as it was only my phone with no prep but was pleasantly surprised when I checked them after getting back from my bike ride on my computer.

This situation surely applies to the saying "you always miss the shots you dont take". I was close to turning around to get my gear but I would of missed it. Glad I didnt.

6 and 7 are fantastic images imo and beautifully taken, a great set.

Thanks all! #6 and #7 seem to be popular ones and were a complete chance encounter that I didn't plan.

I didn't have any of my gear on me and was heading into the hills for some early morning mountain biking when I passed along the ridge in my car with fog starting to roll through these awesomely mossy trees with perfect sunlight flowing through.

I pulled over and watch it for a second as the scene was constantly changing due to how the fog was rolling in. Absolutely spectacular and wish I had also shot video. I used my iPhone to take those and a minute after I took the picture the fog was taken away by the wind. I didnt expect the shots to come out as it was only my phone with no prep but was pleasantly surprised when I checked them after getting back from my bike ride on my computer.

This situation surely applies to the saying "you always miss the shots you dont take". I was close to turning around to get my gear but I would of missed it. Glad I didnt.

Many times, the best shots are the ones that you do not plan for, they just happen.
One of Ansel Adam's shots was like that; he saw it, shot it, and then it was gone.
You use whatever you have with you, to get that shot. The camera you have with you to get the shot, is infinitely better than the camera back at home in the closet that did not get the shot.
And as you noted, weather (fog and clouds), and sunlight constantly changes, and will not wait for you to go home to get your camera, and come back two hours later.

Most reactions

Back