Its Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas

I like this though I'm ambivalent on the snowflakes, maybe a few less.

I like this though I'm ambivalent on the snowflakes, maybe a few less.
it is always hard to decide thanks

While less might be better, sometimes a more realistic approach works better. I use this every now and then https://www.amazon.com/Department-5...MEH06DF97VT&psc=1&refRID=H0QX3GWVMMEH06DF97VT this time of the year you can find it in most big box stores like Walmart or Target. Makes a heck of a mess but looks very realistic. Give your model some to throw up and have an assistant throw some, makes it look like they're catching the snow. One of my favorites from a couple years ago.
Christmas Final 12.jpg

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
It is a beautiful picture, but I am not a fan of the snowflakes.

Very nice seasonal image, and I like the snowflakes myself.

Ah....Rebecca Lawrence. I bet you got some great results from that shoot.

Thanks for sharing.

You're going for a christmas themed shoot, which the hat makes clear. You also have a great model, so I think its unnecessary to add the snowflakes. Given that we know it's a christmas shot from the hat, just delete that snowflake layer.

In terms of the model, I think your focus is off. The left eye is almost sharp, but the right one isn't which is a shame (she has great eyes). Also, i dont think the pose works especially with the arm. Whilst it nicely leads the eye to the face, it kind of withers at the end which isn't great.

Finally, it looks as though you've used a blue gel on your flash. This does not work. Her hat which should be red and white has a blue tinge. More importantly, if you study your beautiful models face, it has blue tinges on her chin and nose. I can't stop looking at those blue smudges!

Lose the snow flakes, the arm and the blue gel and you have the makings of a great shot.

Lots of potential so good luck !

Most reactions

Back