www.photo-lucidity.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So comment....make me feel better

Taken with Vivitar 400mm on Canon TLb (Handheld), ASA 800
722924_010_2_3_2.jpg

Bigger Here

Last edited:
I was trying to get a good shot of this butterfly(Not this EXACT butterfly :lol:) on Saturday and was pretty unsuccessful, this is a nice photo. The sky seems a bit noisy to me though.

BlueEyes, this was taken on 800ASA-film. Not surprising to see that it is grainy. That's pretty highly sensitive film!

I like the colours.
But to me the lefthand side of the photo is pretty ... erm ... unimportant.

I was trying to get a good shot of this butterfly(Not this EXACT butterfly :lol:) on Saturday and was pretty unsuccessful, this is a nice photo. The sky seems a bit noisy to me though.

Yeah, I see them every now and again, I've actually had this one loafin around for a few months.... but anywho. My lens definately goes a long way toward reducing the amount of chaseing I have to do to get them resulting in fewer attempts needed to actually get the shot. They don't sit still for long during the day and that extra few feet helps a bunch, even then this one was not the easiest to acvieve. As LaFoto mentioned it is 800 speed film, it does have a rather heavy grain to it, on top of that I underexposed it considerably (two and a half stops about), this exadgerates it further :(.

Thanks

BlueEyes, this was taken on 800ASA-film. Not surprising to see that it is grainy. That's pretty highly sensitive film!

I like the colours.
But to me the lefthand side of the photo is pretty ... erm ... unimportant.

Thanks, This was cropped a bit and I was not sure if I had gone the right way with it. I knew the left was a little barren and had an...obvious distraction. With a poor choice on focusing point I was left to decide on either centered subject or distracting stalk. Well....You know my work, centering was rather quickly ruled out.

I focused with the back of the wing leaving the butterfly slightly right of center. Given my preference in film speed I do make it a common practice to minimize my crops so as to not overwhelm with grain. I opted to go to the side it was alredy to instead of centering it.

Sometimes poor decisions during composition just can't be hidden or cut off with out destroying it completely.

Here is the unprocessed frame.

I think if the butterfly had been facing the other way the space on the left would have been more connected with the subject. As it is, I like the grain, the DOF, the subject (especially the thistles) and the colours.

Regards, Tony

Most reactions

Back