Jahred- Painterly Portrait and a Conceptual Portrait

DanOstergren

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lately I have been so inspired to create portraits that are reminiscent of renaissance era portrait paintings, so I've been making a point to get one of these portraits of most of my muses, with the hope of having a large collection of them before I get bored with the idea. Anyways, this is the one I did of my housemate Jahred, who is one of my favorite people to photograph.
Shot with the original Canon 5D with a Canon 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM lens attached, set to f/11, 1/160th sec, ISO 100.
_MG_0801.jpg

This photo was more of an experiment than anything else. Camera settings and lens are the same as the last shot.
_MG_0872.jpg

Very cool. I love the texture. You nailed the look you were after. Well done young man.

They look great, I like the subtle catchlight in the first one, second one is my favourite

Great lighting as usual. That catch light in the far eye is killer.

Very cool. I love the texture. You nailed the look you were after. Well done young man.
Thank you so much.

I don't know about "young" anymore lol, I'm going on 33. Old enough to have a little less of a chip on my shoulder I guess.

They look great, I like the subtle catchlight in the first one, second one is my favourite
Thank you. That catch-light was one of the reasons I picked that shot for a final edit.

Most reactions

Back