J'ai l'amour pour un garcon

Miss Cogs

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This photograph was taken on a whim but I was surprised at how well it came out. So with a little contrasting and colour changing this was the end result. I believe this is one of my best photographs yet.
313x418.jpg

Advanced feeback would be apperciated.

I think that there's a little bit too much contrast. In her bangs the black destroys all detail, and the the left girl's face the white highlights destroy all detail. So just tone down the contrast a bit.

the lighting is harsh on the left. i dont know if this is a mother daughter thing or lesbians lol

Well I think it is an amazing shot and very well done. The focus is on the faces and show a very endearing quality. I like how the clothes are very black and the dark hair draw you to their faces. I would not change a thing, think its tasteful very sharp image, composition is very good. Good work.

Personally i like it the way it is. I would have said the same about the girl on the lefts face but i don't think it really matter here.

There's something about this that strikes your imagination. There's obviously something going on and not quite knowing makes it what it is. Reminds me of the old punk band photos you'd possibly see. Is it love? tragedy? loss? frustration?.

I know i was getting away from the technical aspects there but for me that doesn't matter so much (not that there's anything wrong here) when the picture can say so little yet so much. Well apart from your title which gives it away of course!

Thank you for the lovely comments so far. I would like to coment on a few things said.

About the contrast; for some reason, my eye appeals to things high in conrtast. But I do recognize that their are other people out there. For some reason though, to me, contrast makes the picture so much more focus in details. But, I will learn how to recognize when I've gone to highg with the contrasting. :}

About the light on the left cheeck; this is due to a sunny day and high contrast. Still was even light in the unedited version. New angle is called for I suppose. Though whe were under something as well, when this picture was taken, so uneven shadowing could have happened as well.

About the bangs; sorry, but my head has bangs and there isn't anything I can do about it since I think I look much better with them . xD But it's ok. Perhaps, if I plan a picture like this next time, I'll pin them back.

About the lesbian thing; this is my boyfriend and I. Not a girl and a girl. A soley romantic tone between a boy and a girl was meant to be shown through this picture.

Thank you again for the comment. ^^ It really helped.

Most reactions

Back