What's new

Jakulsarlon glacier lagoon

Baltas

TPF Noob!
Joined
Apr 28, 2011
Messages
52
Reaction score
6
Location
Germany
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
photostream


Jakulsarlon glacier lagoon in Iceland
 
In the process of learning how to do it right I made some mistakes. Eventually I got it right in my other, repeated thread. But I will include in this one as well.
_21R9060.jpg


I just love this place in Iceland. It is Jakulsarlon glacier lagoon in southern part of Iceland. The icebergs chipping of the glacier and then it takes about seven years for the iceberg to melt. Some icebergs escape through the narrow strait from the lake into the ocean. I took a boat to float around those icebergs. A lovely Icelandic girl was our guide, she gave my son a thousand years piece of ice to break it and then we all tasted those little pieces of ice. Incredible feeling.
 
No it was taken in the summer of 2010. At the end of June one of the warmest period in Iceland. This is a special lake in the southern part of Iceland, it was formed by the melting of the glacier, it is 300 meters deep under the water. This iceberg melting of course but it is quite big under the water that it takes few years for them to melt. It is nice to see those things in the summer.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom