JaMbA Juice

Mumfandc

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
All my classmates have been raving over the past semester about the JAMBA JUICE smoothie joints here in the city. Every morning I see them sipping on the stuff.

So just today was my first time to try them out. Basically I spent $5.16 on a very bland tasting "Banana Berry Blast" or something like that. I don't know what the big deal is about them...maybe I should've added a "protein boost"??

I've noticed though that all the Jamba Juice locations are in proximity to college campuses, along with HUNDREDS of organic food stores. They are opening a new Jamba Juice right next to my college. My school is mostly fashion design majors...great marketing strategy. They even have pocket sized maps to tell you all the Jamba Juice locations in the city.

Although I do like most of their drinks, the price is definitely a rip-off. Its basically another form of Starbucks, without the coffee beans! :lol: I think its more of a trend factor than anything else.

DOH!! that sucks ducks...I love that place...peanutbutter mood.mmmmmm tashtaaaaay...maybe next time (if there is one) you will get one you like....

I think I need to instigate a no food topic for the duration of the pregnancy........

Now I want a Jamba Juice (the one I had was AWESOME!) and there aren't any here, or near here, or really, even within a 5 hour plane ride.

*sigh* :drool:

AlisonPower said:
I think I need to instigate a no food topic for the duration of the pregnancy........

Now I want a Jamba Juice (the one I had was AWESOME!) and there aren't any here, or near here, or really, even within a 5 hour plane ride.

*sigh* :drool:

:greendev: hmm we could have fun with this...could make a "whatcher fave food" thread dedicated to you...hehe hmmm :drool:

Chase said:
I think its more of a trend factor than anything else.
Heh, I also liked (in other words hated) how they yell out your name when you get your smoothie: "A Banana Berry for Dexter!"...in front of all these NYU students at this particular branch.

I have a bad enough time with the woman at the Registrar's Office at my school, she always teases me about my name saying "You don't LOOK like a 'Dexter'"!...

...Well I've got a NAME for her and it's got 5 letters and starts with the letter "B".

j/k :)

i like jamba juice :) but then again i also like starbucks, so take that with a grain of salt. the prices at both are complete rip-offs, but they're quite tasty :)

since you're in manhattan anyway, you might want to try a different smoothy/wraps place called the emerald planet.

http://travel.yahoo.com/p-travelguide-2735689-emerald_planet_the_new_york_city-i

i've eaten there a number of times and always found the food & smoothies to be very good. prices are typical NYC prices :)

jamba juice is a place like starbucks, but instead of coffee, they sell smoothies of all varieties. i think they're quite tasty and they also have this reputation for being "healthy & natural"

uuu interesting... we don't have anything like this here... but I hope someday I'll be able to try it :) sounds nice

Most reactions

Back