January-February Sm4Him Challenge Winner (Yellow)

snowbear

Fuzzy, wuzzy Nanuq
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Congratulations to John Bixler, AKA @Garasaki for "Doodle"

doodle-jpg.154559

Great photo

That got my vote. Congrats

Thanks everyone! I appreciate the kind words and it's pretty neat to win a photo contest on this forum, full of talented and technically savvy photographers!

If anyone is interested in the backstory, this was my daughter around Christmas of 2016, she would have been 4 at the time. Every year, our small town has "Magical Night" where all the local businesses have special decorations and treats and stuff for Christmas. The local diner has kids from the local dance program come and dance in their front window. It's pretty adorable.

I snapped this from standing outside of the diner (where there is always a group of people watching the kids). So it's through glass, in low light conditions. There are white Christmas lights in the window which are the source of the light in this photo. I always loved the way the yellow tutu ruffles around in the background, so when I saw the theme this time was yellow, I felt it'd be a strong contender.

I would never have known that was through glass. Everything about the photo was perfect IMO.

What a lovely candid capture! That yellow works so well with the girl's blonde hair and warm-colored blurred background! And her expression is priceless. Nicely done!

A beautifully taken photo, and worthy winner.

I like this image, that's outstanding.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back