Japanese Cameras -Glitt & Rocket Camera

Heidi Rosser

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Recently found these three interesting cameras from Japan.
Glitt 35 Camera by Daitoh Optical.
I think this wee camera could be quite rare. Came with original box and looks like it has never been used.
IMG_20200117_182601600_HDR_compress73.jpg
IMG_20200117_182610824_HDR_compress6.jpg

Two Rocket Cameras made by Rocket Camera & Co. The One with the box is the tin model. The other is a plastic. Both from the 1950s I believe.
IMG_20200117_182258403_HDR_compress64.jpg
IMG_20200117_182406761_HDR_compress81.jpg

Not sure if anyone knows more about these.

They seem fun to collect.

A80614A2-354E-4D34-B30A-91352BB8D685.jpeg
Another impressive name....the Herco Imperial. This is my First Camera! , probably got it age 6 or 7. This went on class trips, camping with mom and dad, took pictures of my friends, dog etcetc. It’s not much to look at, the blue paint came from my bedroom repainting “accident”. Just a little thing that takes me back a half century.

Nice it came with the box.......the box I'm sure is more rare than the camera....LOL

Yes, the box is probably worth more than the camera!

Not a lot on line about the Glitt other than one Flickr post.
Even Collectiblend is missing a photo and states ‘Can’t find any details on this one yet’.

Waiting for my McKeown’s guide to arrive, might be something in there.

Never heard of these but I like them! The box adds to the fun and maybe to the collectability. Or just the fun...

I like the Glitt, would be interesting to know more about it. I have to wonder what they thought was at all rocket-like with those other two! I like the little bakelite vest pockets, box cameras, etc.

Herco made some gems too!

Recently found these three interesting cameras from Japan.
Glitt 35 Camera by Daitoh Optical.
I think this wee camera could be quite rare. Came with original box and looks like it has never been used.
View attachment 185313 View attachment 185314

Two Rocket Cameras made by Rocket Camera & Co. The One with the box is the tin model. The other is a plastic. Both from the 1950s I believe.
View attachment 185315 View attachment 185316

Not sure if anyone knows more about these.

They seem fun to collect.

Maybe we are seeing how camera imports were quite regional, the Glitt 35 Camera seems to be sold in your AUS/NZ market and no details from elsewhere. There's plenty of examples online.

There's a lot of cameras never seen outside their home and local target export markets.

Ian

Completely irrelevant to this Thread.

I'm blown away by their use of German Textura typeface on the front of that lens!
Back in the day, they'd do almost anything to suggest that a camera might be German.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back