Jefferson Memorial pt 1

The first one is a fantastic shot!

It just plain does it for me.

Nice pictures. The first and last are my faves. I love cherry blossoms...wish I had shot more than a few frames this year.

Have they come and gone in your area? Our season has yet to start at home so I’ll get another chance but it won’t have the same drama as having the memorials in the same frame.

Wonderful! Really nice. Love them all, but particularly the first and the last. The light was just gorgeous.

Thank you. Early morning light is my favorite. This was helped along by some creative post processing.

I literally said "wow, yes!" as I scrolled through the first time.

First shot is my favorite, but really, really enjoyable as a series.

Thanks! I appreciate the kind words. How are you enjoying the 105? Spring is a great time for it.

Beautiful set and perspective!

Thank you.

They are WOW shots indeed, love them all but the 1st and Dream are my favourites.

Thank you!

The first one is a fantastic shot!

It just plain does it for me.

Thanks!

1 and 4.
  • #1 has a nice sky color :)
  • #2 has a few branches that intrude on the memorial. I guess I like framing without intruding on the subject.
    Playing with midtones in post, it can be made to look dramatic. So I would also vote for 2 if it were darkened as below. I'm a sucker for deep colored sky.
Jefferson Memorial 2-darkened.jpg

Jefferson Memorial 2-darkened-2.jpg

If the shape/outline of the building is recognizable, then the outline is enough to show the location.

My old teacher taught me that the incorrect exposure (per the meter) can sometimes be the "best" exposure. Just depends on what YOU want to show.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back