In Orlando FL at a conferance
100_1258.jpg

My Girlfriend at the Orlando, FL Airport in front of a tram

100_1181-1.jpg

A RX7 in the Junkyard
100_0576.jpg

Cadillac Hood
100_0573.jpg

So i guess....critique them and let me know. Im new to the game, but not the sport. I always loved taking photos. Now im actually half-way trying to get good at them. At the moment I use a Point and Shoot Camera (does the job, but i dont like it)

There all very much like snapshots... nothing strikes me as more then that. Just snapshots. Get closer to your subject, shoot all manual mode, and manual focus, and expose them right would be a good start. also pay attention to your framing they all seem so sloppy.

There all very much like snapshots... nothing strikes me as more then that. Just snapshots.quote]

It struck you right. They are snap shots, with a point and shoot camera, nothing more. Nothing over the top here. I've been trying more lately, All except 2 of those pics are over a year old. Im saving up for a Cannon Rebel

It struck you right. They are snap shots, with a point and shoot camera, nothing more. Nothing over the top here. I've been trying more lately, All except 2 of those pics are over a year old. Im saving up for a Cannon Rebel[/QUOTE]

go for it, it's the first step in getting better.

It struck you right. They are snap shots, with a point and shoot camera, nothing more. Nothing over the top here. I've been trying more lately, All except 2 of those pics are over a year old. Im saving up for a Cannon Rebel

go for it, it's the first step in getting better.[/quote]

Exactly...Im using a 5.0 m.p 5x optical zoom Kodak V570 Point and Shoot...Does the job for clear photos. But none-the-less, its not a photography camera

I've seen some really good photos with P&S's. Work on your composition and settings. There's no reason you can't produce some photos worth hanging on your wall with the gear you have. Don't let some @$$wipe bring you down. Keep firing those shots and post for comments. Take the positives out of the critiques and comments and learn from them. Shelve the offensive and unproductive ones.

a5i36 is basically a moron, I wouldn't take his critiques seriously.

I like #1 a lot, visceral shot with an interesting foreground and background. 4 has some interesting vertical lines, the placement of the fountains and the girl are well done.

I like that you seem to play around with different angles an framing, keep at it.

true, disregard anything a5i736 says... more megapixels and an SLR camera does not make you a better photographer

I have more pics of that water fountain ill post up in the 1st post, but just to give you for warning...So expect so more pictures to c&c....Thanks for all of the + feedback...Its always a relief to get those

a5i736 is some 16 year old who claimed at one point to have like 10 years experience shooting or something like that if im not mistaken, take what he says with a grain of salt hes a smarta55

by the way hes also a missionary. WOW

I agree with you guys that a5i736 can be a rude "smartass" at times but I think his critique here is valid.

You do not need an SLR to produce nice photos however, but you should at least have manual exposure settings for your camera if you want to learn.

If your not using a flash then you dont need full manual to make great shots you can learn how to compose shots and develop your eye while at the same time saving money for a better camera.

harry Benson, the renown photographer from glasglow was recently interviewed and he said that WOW, he shoots on auto mode a lot of times, all I'm saying is catching the moment is not all about settings. there is a balance. I'd rather have a good eye then en expensive camera any day of the week.

the camera you have does have selectable focus, 23-119mm lens, iso settings from 64 to 800 and exposure up to 8 seconds plus 3 stops exposure control.
I looked it up. Theres plenty enough settings there to play with for a long time before you outgrow it ....

Learn how all of your settings affects your pictures and get good with getting the look you want by using these settings, then your ready to move on.. !!! thats my 2 cents...

a5i736 is some 16 year old who claimed at one point to have like 10 years experience shooting or something like that if im not mistaken, take what he says with a grain of salt hes a smarta55

by the way hes also a missionary. WOW

Is that hoser at it again? I ignored that dipsh*t a long time ago. I'd recommend it, it keeps your annoyance factor to a minimum ;)

For whatever reason, The photos from the OP dont seem to be working at the moment. So I've got no input right now :(

Most reactions

New Topics

Back