jeswaw's Pics-critique them, please

Is that hoser at it again? I ignored that dipsh*t a long time ago. I'd recommend it, it keeps your annoyance factor to a minimum ;)

For whatever reason, The photos from the OP dont seem to be working at the moment. So I've got no input right now :(

"OP"?

dude i been shooting with a fujifilm fine pix s700 7.1mp point n shoot camera. of course i have the manual modes to a T. but i take AMAZING shots lots of times better or atleast compared to dslr quality. keep up the good work.

the best pic is of you driving, (which I am kind of scared to say because it might not have been you who took it soooooo sorry if you didn't) The other pics are very snapshotty and don't really look like artsy photos. The Cadillac hood photo is too close for your camera to focus, and artistic blur only works in a very narrow set of situations. The Rx-7 junkyard pic (apart from being sad) looks like a total snapshot and the pic of your G/F is even worse, nearing a cell-phone camera type picture (sorry). The Nissan and Orlando picture look the best.

Keep it up!!! I'm in the same position as you, basically... I don't have a very good camera yet... but I'm here and I'm learning!!! :)

Now, can we see a pic of that dodge?? :D

the best pic is of you driving, (which I am kind of scared to say because it might not have been you who took it soooooo sorry if you didn't) The other pics are very snapshotty and don't really look like artsy photos. The Cadillac hood photo is too close for your camera to focus, and artistic blur only works in a very narrow set of situations. The Rx-7 junkyard pic (apart from being sad) looks like a total snapshot and the pic of your G/F is even worse, nearing a cell-phone camera type picture (sorry). The Nissan and Orlando picture look the best.

They all were snap shots....by me(even the 1st on DSLR)...RX7 in the yard was a complete snapshot...cadillac hood, snapshot, I actually like the pic of my G/F....just b/c of the Tram in the B/G...but also a snap shot...whatcha see is whatcha get...and your seeing snapshots...all of them..

all i do is snap shots...if you would read somewhere in one of my threads it says that...and it also states that im getting into photography...Some snapshots are good...some aren't...so no big deal

wait........ now I'm begining to wonder if you know what a snapshot is. You mean you don't put thought into the pictures you take? you just throw on some auto and click? because that's what a snapshot is, a point and shoot type picture. It looks like some of those pic aren't snapshots, but if you are aware that all you take is snapshots you can change that quite easily. Just envision something you want to try, set up the composition so that everything is where you want it to be, then adjust your settings and lo-and-behold you step out of the snapshot realm.

I dont use a tripod...no PS here...no messing w/ camera settings either...But i half-way try to at least get the angle and stuff down right. So i consider all of mine snap shots...just because you dont have all the settings to mess w/ dont mean you cant take good pics...also, i can improve by camera angles and etc...Im not in photography for money...im in it for the fun...so as long as im having fun, then im fine...but i still want to improve...which is where the C&C comes into play

and i think we should take this to PM's...that way we wont clutter each others thread

You don't critique snapshots.

Wow, so many rules for an "art" forum.

What would you like critiqued JEESAW? If your goal is only to grab quick shots for your memories, then there isn't much to discuss on the photograph. If you want to improve the quality of the shots (even if they are quick snap shots w/o benefit of tripod, prep-time, etc.) then yes there are suggestions, but might take you out of the "p&s" mindset you have going on right now.

Yea...other's dont call my photo's point and shoot because ill get down and dirty to get the angle....plan the attack of a picture...but to me, just merely a snapshot...I guess cause i always thought it was a snapshot if you never messed with any settings, or use a tripod, or have a really expensive SLR...haha...so, maybe they're not really snapshots

Yea...other's dont call my photo's point and shoot because ill get down and dirty to get the angle....plan the attack of a picture...but to me, just merely a snapshot...I guess cause i always thought it was a snapshot if you never messed with any settings, or use a tripod, or have a really expensive SLR...haha...so, maybe they're not really snapshots

I think it still kind of boils down to what you are trying to accomplish... not what camera and gear you use (like others, and yourself have eluded too). I have been using a simple Canon SD400 for a little while now. I typically leave my camera on AUTO... I just recently bought a simple tripod.

I think if you plan some attack it's more than a snapshot...

I think the truck pic's are probably the best - but as I have read (and agree) - typically the "angle" pic's don't work so well. I have been guilty of doing them too. :thumbup:

Most reactions

Back