Jet Trails???

fightheheathens

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
excuse the poor quality, i took a digital picture of the printed picture to get it on my computer :meh:

so my question is what makes you all of the jet trails? they were really cool looking as the sun was hitting them and making them brilliant white, but even with my wide angle lens (28mm) i couldnt get all of them in, (horazontal picture too) so im not sure what to make. do the jet trails add or subtract from the image? i have a couple images with out the jet trails in them.
anyway, have at it.

OTE as always when i do critique

and Pentax MX 28mm lens, Polarizer, Fugi Reala film, 1/500, f/22 (i think)

jettrails.jpg

hah, i've done that before since my scanner is so terrible (taking a picture of a picture :D ).

as for the shot, i think it's quite good. the variance of colors is stunning, and the jet trails really help to give it a more abstract feel you might say (it makes it look cool, basically.). the only thing i have against it is the fact that, while there is much to look at, there is nothing in the foreground to focus on, or a main focal point. if you would have taken a picture of say, an interestingly formed tree as a silhouette, with this sky as a background, it would have been much more powerful IMO.

You have an excellent range of color. It is a shame your lens wasn't wide enough to capture more of the contrails (the correct term) showing of there depth. I would like to see better where they are coming from and going to. This would make a great marketing shot for an airline or aircraft mfr. I can picture this with a corporate logo of some kind on it.

I can picture this with a corporate logo of some kind on it.

-nooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!

and as for something interesting, thats why the jet trails were in there, i took these at a stadium so i have some pics with silhouetted stadium lights, but those angles lack the color or the contrails.
it just looks like someone took a big razor and cut the picture in half.
-thanks for the comments so far

Dave_D said:
This would make a great marketing shot for an airline or aircraft mfr. I can picture this with a corporate logo of some kind on it.

unfortunately, i'd have to disagree, as there is no aircraft in the photo, only the pollution it created. an airplane in this shot would look very nice though...

I would suggest cropping out the bottom land, so that all you get is sky; this would, IMHO, make a very nice photographic abstract with an excellent range of colours!

thebeginning said:
unfortunately, i'd have to disagree, as there is no aircraft in the photo, only the pollution it created. an airplane in this shot would look very nice though...
No problem. The logo thing is the first thing that came to mind when I saw this. And being one of these guys that is full of useless info, it is not pollution that you see up there. It is condensation as a result of heated air by the engines in the more chilled air of the atmosphere up there. If pollution was the case, airports would be the most smokey places to be around....Cheers!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back