Jetsprint

Marco

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
A few from a local event.
Lethal Injection won the Superboat class. It's running a 640ci putting out 1100-1200 hp.
Best sounding boat though was #47 Rylock, running a 357ci supercharged engine, putting out 1000+ hp. The whine of the supercharger was simply awesome.

These things go from 0-100km in about 3 seconds, great to watch, and the cornering is astounding.

Nice set - the second, third and last are the best for me..

- Pic 2 - almost looks like the driver on the right has opened his visor and slowed down when he saw you taking the shot...

- Pic 3 - You have managed to capture the speed of the boat in this image - great spray ejecting from underneath both side of the craft. You've got another poser onboard waving at the camera :lol:

Last Pic - Looks like the boat is going to plough into you. Lucky this was a telephoto lens you were shooting with and not standard. If it were a standard lens, you wouldn't have had much time to run

I'd say it would be cool to watch the video footage from one of their onboard cameras - maybe they have caught you taking the shots :D

daithi

well done! I prefer the last two. The tighter crop I think works better, I find the grass patches distracting.

Good work all the way around. You've conveyed the sense of speed, thrill and power - I can almost hear them.

I think that including the patches of grass in some of the frames helps bring a sense of context of how and where they are running and turning at those speeds!

great photos!!!
my fave is the third - i really like the positioning
very sharp images :)

Great pics, really sharp. Not easy when something's moving that fast!

PS - anybody know why they have two guys in them? Is that a particular class of racing or something? Just curious.

Great pics, really sharp. Not easy when something's moving that fast!

PS - anybody know why they have two guys in them? Is that a particular class of racing or something? Just curious.

Second guy is the navigator, they use tight complex little courses.

For those who don't know what jetsprints are about here is the coverage of the finals of one of last years rounds.
Lites first, Group A second then finally the superboats
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2Iyw5LFrJs"]YouTube - Jetsprint Boat Racing 2008 Rnd 1[/ame]

Most reactions

Back