What's new

jewlery photos cc needed

pic_chick

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jul 27, 2012
Messages
357
Reaction score
47
Location
new orleans
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
$A.B. Jewelry-5.webp
$A.B. Jewelry-2.webp
$A.B. Jewelry-1.webp
 
Nope, I dont like them. Too bland. Love the black background choice, but they should POP off the screen a little more in my opinion. It looks like you turned the whites DOWN!?!? Did you? I would turn them UP if anything. Adjust highlights, and make them sparkle a little no?
 
I did tone the whites down a bit I dislike the solid shine I got on number one I felt is was hiding a the lush brown how would I make them sparkle anymore maybe I need a small catch light?
 
Ugh! Blown facets are the worst! When you can't control them with your set-up, clone them out! If you need, with necklaces like these, take several shots with angles slightly different enough to get rid of the blown reflection to use as a source for cloning/compositing.

A tilt shift lens would be helpful for these images. You really want all of the necklace in focus, for a documentary shot like these. You could also focus stack. Helicon Focus is good software for that. Or mount it and shot it flat, parallel to the cameras sensor. If those were more of a creative, angled, detail shot, shallow DoF would be pleasing.

As far as more sparkle? Meh. Not needed. Nice clear focused detail is.
Ever notice stones always look more sparkly to your eye, than the camera?
I think it has to do with seeing them with binocular vision, and the camera is mono.

You could add sparkle flair in post, but, at what point is that cheesy?
 
Good grief. You make yourself sound like a jewelry expert or something. ;)
 
*pfffft* not at all. Just sharing my experiences from the road I'm on. :)
 
Thanks Bitter!!!!!!!! I always enjoy your cc as it is very informative .....a tilt shift lens huh I have wanted one for a while but cant afford one..... so with the set up I have what would make these better? I have a cannon t3 my best lens would be a 50mm 1.8 and I have 18-55 kit lens and the 75-300 mm a light box three 150watt lamps no flash other then the on camera.
 
Watch the shape also as they are not symmetrical.
 
In addition to Bitter's points, I'll add that the first two seem to suffer form motion blur as well as excessively shallow DoF.
 
you guys are so helpful thanks you for the cc :)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom