Jill GreenBerg - Manipulator - bad business practices

Interesting. It is kind of odd and childish of her. I would have really assumed a more subtle and sophisticated approach - I also say this in the context of the fact that she's a friend of a friend. It's a circle of people who are usually somewhat more elegant in their criticism of politics, business or art.

Oh well.

"Greenberg was unapologetic about the assignment.

"Some of my artwork has been pretty anti-Bush, so maybe it was somewhat irresponsible for [The Atlantic] to hire me."

Editor Bennet said, "We don't vet our photographers by their politics."

Greenberg's behavior does seem childish and unprofessional as well as dishonest.

My boss told me to love my enemies and feed them if they are hungry.

-update--

Any way you cut it deliberately manipulating someone and being dishonest and then ad hominem attacking them behind their back is a pretty low blow.

Lower than promising to kill hundreds of thousands perhaps millions, of human beings if elected?

I think one so radically outweighs the other that the former should be a crime to even mention in the light you present it in. That's my honest feeling on the topic. She saw her chance to be a patriot in a non-verbal way and took the shot - literally. It's really only too bad that she didn't photoshop a red, black, and white swastika arm-band on her subject. I would have - I assure you. :D

Bifurcator, be careful about how far you want to lean yourself out of the political window here - this forum is supposed to be non-political, as every longer-standing member knows quite well. Hm?

Point taken. Thanks for the heads up! :thumbup:

Bifurcator, you need a time out.

Probably true... :D Research of any meaning does lead right there tho. K, I better stop... I was attempting to balance Greenberg's political statement with that of her foe's. The whole thread to me is 100% political and only "just happens" to involve photography but I guess you all get that already. :D

So... I'm taking LaFoto's and your advice and giving it a rest. ;)

Last edited:
Sorry but I don't buy the Atlantic's "we felt blind-sided" BS one bit. I'm not a magazine editor and I know how left-wing Greenburg is. What did they expect? People are very passionate about their political opinions and she used the podium given to her to take advantage of it. Gee... who would've seen that coming??? Everyone.

I do think it's unprofessional of her but I think it's even more unprofessional of them to hire her. My first impression was the Atlantic wanted to make a fool of McCain and hired Greenburg to do it.

I can't help but smile though. That's dishy.

My first impression was the Atlantic wanted to make a fool of McCain and hired Greenburg to do it.

I can't help but smile though. That's dishy.

I thought it was set up intentionally by the McCain campaign themselves on-purpose. Publicity stunts... I still think so. :D

It did what it was supposed to do: you're talking about it.

As for politics: don't even bother. You're all right in your own minds and all wrong in other's. Nothing you can say or do will change that. After you've spent 10 years trying to get others to "see the light", you'll realize they already see their own light and it's a futile endeavour. BTDT...and got the scars to prove it. ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back