Jobless Day 01... so far

molested_cow

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
img24.photobucket.com
Typically, Mondays are like this:

- Monday morning meeting, listen to my director tell irrelevant stories of his weekend, repeating what I've done over the past week even though it's already in the report and no one else really cares, and listening to others mumbles about what they've done over the past week.
- Meeting runs over time and then lunch time.
- Lunch is over and finally get to do some real work.
- Director comes in with emergency damage control type of work claiming someone else screwed up. So I have to drop whatever I am doing to help him.

So today is the first weekday that I am jobless.... and I mean, I don't have anything else lined up, just getting ready to move back home. It's about 3.30pm and here's my day so far:

- Woke up at 10am(yay!!), made some calls for arrangement on various things. Took photos of my furniture for sale.
- 11.30am, left the house to get some maps for the road trip from AAA.
- Quick lunch, then went to the store to get a lumbar support for my car seat.
- Got out of Target, saw an owl.... yes an OWL standing right in front of my car in the parking lot. I thought it's some holy sign or something. An owl staring right at me in the mid afternoon in a Target parking lot???
I approached the owl, it's not flying but it runs away to another shady area. So I called the animal control and they told me to cover it with a box. I was like WTF I can't even get close to it! So I got a security guard to help me, then the owl started to fly, but would only fly for a few feet. We gave up and I called the animal control to update them. I guess we are just going to leave it there for now.

I think my jobless day has been more eventful than my employed days. Sorry no photo of the owl. I didn't have any camera or phone camera with me. It's a little guy, bright yellow eyes with long legs, probably still a chick learning how to fly. I have no idea how it got itself to the middle of a mall parking lot. There's no big trees anywhere close. Just bizarre. It's a bright sunny and hot day. Too bad I didn't have water with me, otherwise I would leave a puddle for him.

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back