Joshua Tree in Ortho #1 (56k killer)

Jeff Canes

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.pbase.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
A few months back Ferny posted a question about some images he saw in a book by John Wade that where two tone B&W take with litho film. His post reminded me that I had used this film back in high school. This shot is from an assignment for photo class back then.

So I decided to try some again and Joshua Tree seem like a good time too.

A little info on this film, before digital it was commonly used for making plates for offset printing and coping flats for photo prints. The film can be processed in a few deferent developed. But the only ones I have used are Dektol or A/B. My little experience with the film is than when developed with Dektol, the results range between full and two tone B&Ws

Info: Canon A-1, Canon 50mm 1.8, Full Auto, Hand held
Film: Maco Ort 25, Developed in Dektol at 5 minute under Red Light
Negative scan – Epson 4181

I know this style may not be for everybody. Hope they are note too dark and that you like them?

medium.jpg

medium.jpg

medium.jpg

medium.jpg

medium.jpg

medium.jpg

http://www.pbase.com/jjarboe1/image/41608774/medium.jpg

What a cool process, Jeff! I really like the way the 2nd (though I'd like it better if I didn't look so short!) and 6th turned out.

Alison, looks like Chad placed you there just to make himself look taller. ;)

I love them!! :thumbup: I like the harsh lith look, though, especially as pronounced as it is in #s 1 and 4. #2 has a beautiful surreal look to it, like an old movie set from the 50's, and that bit of vignetting in the corners really sets it off.

YUMMY, I love it!! You did great, Jeff!! :)

Now thats what I call Splendid! The best from the series I have seen from you thus far! Beautiful beautiful work. Awesome stuff, Jeff! :)

terri said:
---#2 has a beautiful surreal look to it, like an old movie set from the 50's---

:lmao: Like old western gun fight, :lmao: but they where actually play some type lawn bowling game.

well actualy I'm not a fan of B&W but the second one is really nice!!

I really like the third shot. :D It is amazing to see all the different persectives of everybody that went to Joshua Tree. We all saw something different, didn't we? :scratch:

Most reactions

Back