Judge away

Stevenl

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
DSC06429.jpg
DSC06537.jpg

Nice! I like! Great focus on the water droplet and detail on the leaf.
I think I would prefer a tighter crop on top though.
Overall, good job :)

I thought about editing the leaf in the upper right but it would cut the fuzzy stem in the lower right out of the pic.

Thanks Josh!

Seems like the focus was missed in both, to me.
Behind what was intended.

^ agree about the focus, and there's also just too much not in focus. If there were an area of special interest, then the rest of the image could be out of focus and it would still work, but here there are some droplets in focus and some out and there's no reason that some deserve more attention than others.

I agree on the top one and missing the primary point of focus. I never noticed the second being out of focus, I did'nt notice it after a second look either.

I was shooting both to do a color splash and used the second. Here it is for your review, hope it explains why I left the ones on the left out of focus.

Thank you all for your critiques, this site is just what I need!

DSC06537-1.jpg

To be fair I went back hrough the shots of that day and I did miss some of shots the same way with the focus behind my main subject, and the n others were dead on. I wear glasses and I am using an LCD screen vs a view finder. It may be defective operator syndrome, but I am wondering if it could be my eyesight now. Sometimes I take my sunglasses off to see the screen. I will have to test that theory.

Proof I can hit what I am shooting at :lol:
DSC06532.jpg

Thank you all for your critiques, this site is just what I need!

DSC06537-1.jpg
Selective coloring is intend to be a technique used to draw the viewers attention to the main or primary subject.

If the 4 small water drops were your primary/main subject, you needed to get a lot closer so they could dominate the image frame, rather than being about 1/100th of it.

Why is it you don't allow editing your photos? It can sometimes be very helpful for others hoping to illustrate a concept.

I am using a DSC-H10..I think I was close as I could get to it. I didnt crop it because I was afraid it would lose it's resolution. I will allow it, just a kneejerk thing, I see it's usefulness.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back