Jupiter and a comet fragment

pursuer

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Jupiter and its four brightest moons. The famous great red spot is also visible.
jupiterapr2820066bn.jpg

jupiterapr282006close7mz.jpg

This is just one of several pieces of the comet 73P/Schwassmann-Wachmann 3 that are currently disintegrating as they pass through our solar system.
73b8vj.jpg
]

These photos were taken with the aid of a 10" reflecting telescope, thanks for looking :)

Great shots Pursuer!:thumbup:

Still haven't seen Jupiter since last year! It barely breaks the horizon before it gets light here!:( (Can't wait though! :lol:)

I keep looking for the fragmented comets each time I get my equipment out but haven't found any yet! It's either cloudy or Moonlit! :x

Thanks chris, if you get a chance tonight would be a good night to see fragment C. It will be very easy to find because it will be right along side one of the stars in the Hercules keystone. Check out http://www.spaceweather.com/ for the details. It also helps to use the lowest power eye piece you have when searching for these kind of faint fuzzies. Good luck.

hey pursuer.. long time no see!
great to see your post... really awesome shots :D
thanks for sharing these

awesome stuff pursuer...... these are fantastic.... i want more!! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Archangel said:
these are fantastic.... i want more!! :thumbup: :thumbup:

You name it, Archie: I do, too! :D I so enjoy these!

Thanks everyone, Im glad you enjoyed them :)

Really amazing stuff here. I love looking into outter space!

wow, that's just a trip. thanks for posting those!

isn't jupiter supposed to be very close to earth in the next week or so?

Most reactions

Back