Jupiter-Saturn Conjunction

pez

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Pentax KP, DA300, 1.4x (420mm), Astrotracer 1/15sec. Enhanced with PS, Gigapixel AI. I saturated the color a little that was already there (Jupiter blown out). Was cool to see the rings (sort of) with 420mm, one of the few that were kind of in focus, of 50+ frames. Haha, took some pixels and ran with them.

I heard a lot about this on the news but didn't see it here. Good thing to experience and photograph tho. Well done.

I heard a lot about this on the news but didn't see it here. Good thing to experience and photograph tho. Well done.
Thanks! I had about 15 minutes or so in my driveway, before I had to leave for my night job. I saturated the existing color that was already there, a little.

Been watching them all summer when weather permitted. Last night was cold and clear but I didn't bother with trying to shoot them. Don't really have the gear to get decent shots of anything other than the moon.

Reactions: pez
Love it! Was too cloudy at my house to see...the detail in this photo is incredible! So cool to see Saturn's rings!

I took a similar image with the Celestron. I can tell you took yours a few minutes after mine because Ganymede has set in yours. Great stuff.

I setup while we had cloud cover in hopes that maybe there would be a brief gap before they set (East Coast). I had two windows totaling about 10 minutes max but was very much with the effort. I also took a shot of the moon (1/2 moon) and then pointed out to those with whom I shared the images that Jupiter and Saturn fit within the width of the image of the moon.

We are starting to get more astro shooters on the forum. I think it deserves its own area in the forums.

It's great that you got the rings so well. This is a great effort! You should be pretty geeked that you got this. Well done!

This is a great photo. We were socked in by clouds last night. Briefly I could see how close they were tonight. Did they actually line up at one point? My understanding is that they were supposed to look like one item?

Love it! Was too cloudy at my house to see...the detail in this photo is incredible! So cool to see Saturn's rings!
Thanks!

I took a similar image with the Celestron. I can tell you took yours a few minutes after mine because Ganymede has set in yours. Great stuff.

I setup while we had cloud cover in hopes that maybe there would be a brief gap before they set (East Coast). I had two windows totaling about 10 minutes max but was very much with the effort. I also took a shot of the moon (1/2 moon) and then pointed out to those with whom I shared the images that Jupiter and Saturn fit within the width of the image of the moon.

We are starting to get more astro shooters on the forum. I think it deserves its own area in the forums.
Actually, I may have inadvertently eliminated Ganymede in PP. This was shot not long after sunset.

Very cool!
Thanks!

It's great that you got the rings so well. This is a great effort! You should be pretty geeked that you got this. Well done!
Oh, I am! I spent a lot of time zoomed in LV getting the focus right, and waiting for all the oscillations of the tripod to cease before hitting the remote release for a 2 sec delay- was trying for the sharpest few pixels possible so I would have something to work with.

This is a great photo. We were socked in by clouds last night. Briefly I could see how close they were tonight. Did they actually line up at one point? My understanding is that they were supposed to look like one item?
Thank you! Actually they never got any closer together than this image, as far as I ever witnessed. Of course, to my crappy eyes they did seem to merge lol

I learned about the "Great Conjunction" by watching the Jim Henson movie, "The Dark Crystal." I take it you didn't encounter any Skeksis. ;)
Great shots, you did a good job capturing the event, I wish I had but there was too much cloud cover here to accomplish that.

Most reactions

Back