Just a beautiful flower...

PNA

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I posted this under the Critique thread, but it looked good enough to post here..OTE, please.

7985-DSC_0303TPF.jpg

Yes. Hibiscus flowers ARE beautiful.
And I think you captured the red very well -- it is not so easy to bring out the reds of flowers in photos, I don't know what it is about that colour but red tends to come out the wrong way (could be this applied to film/prints more but...).

The light source you had ... was it the sun?
If so, it must have been close to noon and the sun must have been fairly bright ... so by how many stops did you underexpose?
(Or maybe you are one of those lucky people who did NOT lose their polariser in some wilderness so it could never be found?)

LaFoto said:
Yes. Hibiscus flowers ARE beautiful.
And I think you captured the red very well -- it is not so easy to bring out the reds of flowers in photos, I don't know what it is about that colour but red tends to come out the wrong way (could be this applied to film/prints more but...).

The light source you had ... was it the sun?
If so, it must have been close to noon and the sun must have been fairly bright ... so by how many stops did you underexpose?
(Or maybe you are one of those lucky people who did NOT lose their polariser in some wilderness so it could never be found?)

Thanks......

Only the sun and it was before noon, over my shoulder. As to exposure, it was set to aperture priority, f/8, 1/60 and ISO 200. I would love for the D70 to go down to ISO 100......
I tweeked the brightness/contrast and then added unsharp mask.

Isn't it fun to shoot pictures????!!!! :wink:

Most reactions

Back