What's new

Just a Castaway

invisible

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Mar 10, 2007
Messages
5,213
Reaction score
983
Location
Canada
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
p1243633214-4.jpg
 
Awesome shot, I'm really curious about the EXIF on this one
Thank you, Jeff. Here you go: f/8, 50 seconds, ISO 100. This was shot just before sunset, using a 3-stop ND filter and a 3-stop soft GND.
 
I wish I could come up with ideas like this. Thanks for sharing!
 
 
For some reason, it brings to mind a Japanese garden, of carefully raked gravel or sand surroudning one or a few strategically placed stones. The feeling of meditative quietness is very apparent. I can see this as a wall print (ie, taking up a whole wall). Now to find a suitable house to showcase this... ;)
 
For some reason, it brings to mind a Japanese garden, of carefully raked gravel or sand surroudning one or a few strategically placed stones. The feeling of meditative quietness is very apparent. I can see this as a wall print (ie, taking up a whole wall). Now to find a suitable house to showcase this... ;)
If that's the mood this image is conveying, then I failed :) I rarely ever do "concept" images, but this is one of them. What I had in mind was isolation (expressed by the small, lonely rock) and oppression (expressed by the heavy, dark, brooding sky). Oh well, win some lose some...

Thank you all for the feedback!
 
Very nice. I can see that one hanging on a wall in a Psychiatrist's office
 
I think this is one of those images that can be interpreted multiple ways. It's simple, visually, but has enough going on that a viewer can pull multiple 'meanings' out of it. It's the sort of image that depending on your mood that day can take on totally different feels.

well done.
 
For some reason, it brings to mind a Japanese garden, of carefully raked gravel or sand surroudning one or a few strategically placed stones. The feeling of meditative quietness is very apparent. I can see this as a wall print (ie, taking up a whole wall). Now to find a suitable house to showcase this... ;)
If that's the mood this image is conveying, then I failed :) I rarely ever do "concept" images, but this is one of them. What I had in mind was isolation (expressed by the small, lonely rock) and oppression (expressed by the heavy, dark, brooding sky). Oh well, win some lose some...

Thank you all for the feedback!

For it to be lonely, it should not be centered, but off to the side. And for the feeling of oppression, you would need to have that brilliant band of light at the horizon to be gone, because it "shields" the rock from the brooding sky. Hey, this just means that your attempt to brainwash us with your image (according to unpopular's ideas) failed. But we all win - it's a gorgeous image. :thumbup: However you want to interprete it. ;)
 
my first thought is longing. To me it almost seems like the black spot is reaching for its same color in the heavens above. Not necessarily isolation, but a feeling out of place, almost homesickness.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom