What's new

Just a Castaway

Wonderful. Two thumbs up and a standing O.
 
my first thought is longing. To me it almost seems like the black spot is reaching for its same color in the heavens above. Not necessarily isolation, but a feeling out of place, almost homesickness.


OOOh - yeah! I can see that! Thanks for supplying that view!

Frederico, in my opinion, a really good image can supply the inspiration for many different storylines. This qualifies. As did the last one (you know, the one with the pier ;) ).
 
For it to be lonely, it should not be centered, but off to the side. And for the feeling of oppression, you would need to have that brilliant band of light at the horizon to be gone, because it "shields" the rock from the brooding sky.
I'm not sure I understand why the rock should not be centred to convey isolation, but I fully agree about the brilliant band of light (the sun setting). Time to sharpen up my Photoshop abilities :)

Thanks all for your nice comments and 'likes'!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom