Just a couple for C&C

JeffieLove

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Not sure how interesting this first one is, but thought I'd give it a shot :) I'm a sucker for weeping willows :)

4501873014_5a89f07928_b.jpg

This is a peacock that was at the zoo I took the kids to today :) My FAVORITE of all the animal shots I was able to get with my hunk of junk kit lens :)

371edit.jpg

I don't think they are awesome, but just thought I would post them up and see what you all thought :) I'm not super proud of these like I was that last flower picture I took :)

I don't like the composition of the first. I'd give a few other focal lengths a try for that one.

For the second, I think the bird is a bit underexposed, but I understand your desire to keep the background in check. I would try some lightening in PS, or for a follow on shot, going a little brighter and then bringing the sky back down in PS.

wow... not really feelin the love guys lol

Not feeling these at all. The tree shot looks blown out in some spots, along with poor composition as stated above. (Keep in mind I'm on my work un-calibrated monitor lol)

Peacock shot is a underexposed snapshot.

Hi! I like the colors in number one but I too am not a fan of the comp. - If you cropped this I would try a different approach. There isn't anything to focus on.

And agree with Dominantly on the 2nd. The lighting is slightly off. The peacock has fantastic colors and should be the focal point, but its just not. But good comp.

I, by no means, think these are bad pictures. I just think they could be great pics with a few touches.

Glad you all agree with me :)

Like I state in my post, I didn't think these were great either. Just wanted to see if it was just me or everyone :)

Glad you all agree with me :)

Like I state in my post, I didn't think these were great either. Just wanted to see if it was just me or everyone :)

Usually my thinking is that if it's not good enough for me, and I know the reason why I don't like it, I don't post them up for others to comment on. What's the point of asking for comments and critique if you don't even like the photographs?

Because I wasn't sure if it was just me being stupid or if they were really bad pics... :)

Because I wasn't sure if it was just me being stupid or if they were really bad pics... :)

They arent bad pictures. No picture is a bad picture IMO. You've captured something that interested you. And you never know when someone can give you a suggestion that might help you improve the next time you pass that particular tree, or the next time you see that peacock. Dont be discouraged from posting your pictures, even if you dont like them.

Most reactions

Back