What's new

Just a couple of HDRs C&C?

banderson

TPF Noob!
Joined
Feb 24, 2012
Messages
231
Reaction score
15
Location
Columbus, Ohio
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took these in downtown Columbus Ohio a few weeks back. Any thoughts?

6900964934_600c889b6a_c.jpg

7047057631_bec9b4da23_c.jpg
 
Personally, I prefer HDR when it's not so apparently HDR, but tastes vary. More significantly, there's much distortion in the second one. I assume that building on the left doesn't really lean like that.
 
You might get better feedback posting these in the "HDR Discussions" forum on here instead of the landscapes forum.
I don't know much about HDR, but for what it's worth I like the colours but think the images look too unreal (overprocessed?)
 
You might get better feedback posting these in the "HDR Discussions" forum on here instead of the landscapes forum.
I don't know much about HDR, but for what it's worth I like the colours but think the images look too unreal (overprocessed?)

Ohhhh I wasn't sure the way it worked with the new rules. Thanks for the feedback!
 
You might want to use the distortion correction filter in photoshop and repost these. It's pretty distracting.
 
You've got some halos around the buildings but aside from that, I like them. You can fix that easily enough with your HDR editor. Also, the distortion is pretty bad. You're angling the lens up to get the shot so it causes that weird leaning appearance. When I take shots like this, I get more of the scene than I actual want so when I fix the distortion, I don't lose parts of the scenes that I definitely want. The picture is cropped as part of the process of correcting the distortion (in CS5 anyway).

I was actually in this very spot once. I was in Columbus for business. I tried to get this same shot, but the sky was blah. Nice city.

Danny
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom