Just a few from 2012

These are a lot better than your 2011. The ring shots are good.
Thanks.
I do think you tend to shoot everthing too tight. The most people you involve in one shot is 3 (last one). The rest are either 2 or 1. Wedding photography should be more about story telling.

Well, last time around, you asked for more meat, so that's what I was trying to post this time.

As far as more people in the photos, I guess that isn't really what I was going for. I was more going with minimize distractions and concentrate on the subject. I think that is more my style and more of what I tend to lean towards. I guess I just prefer details and isolated subjects.

I'll try to post some pull back/story telling stuff tomorrow.

FWIW, I took a look at your 2012 thread, and personally, I think many of the shots contained too much dead space...aka too wide. I guess different strokes for different folks. :wink: Either way, different styles give the clients something to choose from. You and I are definitely on different ends of the spectrum.

In any case, I appreciate the feedback.

Last edited:
Kerb.. You really need to work on your people skill. Seriously if someone criticized my set, i just listen or ignore. Their oppinion! No need to defend your self all the time. You pm me twice to look at your photos so I did. Why am I wasting my time giving you my opinion when all you do always shut it down? If you want to cc my 2012, then cc it there. While I do think my 2012 isnt anything amazing, your set isnt so hot either. Sorry dude.

Kerb.. You really need to work on your people skill. Seriously if someone criticized my set, i just listen or ignore. Their oppinion! No need to defend your self all the time. You pm me twice to look at your photos so I did. Why am I wasting my time giving you my opinion when all you do always shut it down? If you want to cc my 2012, then cc it there. While I do think my 2012 isnt anything amazing, your set isnt so hot either. Sorry dude.

Thanks for your feedback.

Kerb.. You really need to work on your people skill.

Haha, awesome.

$Pot_Meet_Kettle.jpg

Any other feedback? You know, on the actual photos?

No 4 really stands out. I love the dynamics and light. She is floating.. That spot of light behind her back just lifts this photo to another level :) Probably more dynamis contrast would improve it a bit further.
No 6 is great: it has "baby" written all over their faces :) It's like "I want it, I do.." "Really? No, really?? " great photo.
No 11 should be straightend IMHO, otherwice it loooks like this ship is already tilting :) But at least one can clearly see who is the boss here. I wonder if that was the idea :))
I am not enthusiastic about No 3 - she is just copying pics she saw in a celebrity mag. But she will love it and that's the point :) And probably she will think: "I need to get down to size 10 at least". :)
I like No 2 - it has some theatre drama
No 13 - i do not get it. The only magic it has is that five toes go in and only two go out. It looks a bit bizzre to me.
Cake shot is great (not the white one :). ) It just says - wedding or not, just look at me , I am a great picture

And btw I like tight wedding shots ( as long as they are balanced with a mandatory crowd) There is always a danger to end up with really bad ones, but the best tight ( shall I say intimate ?) shots go well beyond the formality of the event and these are the shots the couple will get back to again and again. Just ask theem - what shots are they most likely to put on the wall?

Excellent photos overall.
This is all my layman/amateur opinion.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back