Just a few shots of the shooters...

Tony S

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
A round of shots from this week. Both gyms were pretty dark again, after all it's HS ball so can't expect much. Available light shot at ISO 6400, f2.8 @ 1/320, boys game images lightened by 1+ stop in PP, girls game any where from +.3 to +.5 stop in PP. One more week, then it's outside for most everything for a long while.

401135612.jpg

401135611.jpg

401135610.jpg

401135609.jpg

401135608.jpg

401135607.jpg

401135606.jpg

Nice series, poor indoor lighting can be a nightmare but you capture the action well. Did you use any noise reduction filter on these pics?

Can I just offer an observation, and don't take this the wrong way, but athletes like to be photographed looking graceful, powerful and dominant. In most of these shots the players are looking borderline retarded. I know you don't control their facial expressions etc. but burst shooting in these situations can make a difference between a picture the players will hate and one they will love.

Can I just offer an observation, and don't take this the wrong way, but athletes like to be photographed looking graceful, powerful and dominant. In most of these shots the players are looking borderline retarded. I know you don't control their facial expressions etc. but burst shooting in these situations can make a difference between a picture the players will hate and one they will love.

Have you ever photographed HS cross-country? XD

No but I've done primary/elementary school athletics. Sometimes (actually pretty often with sports) the facials are what makes a great shot, and it can be a fine line between showing the athlete giving it 100% and looking stupid. Body position/action plays a big part in this too.
This is one of my favourite sports shots ever because of the facial expression:

1156123350_ttwj5-M.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back