Just a little wild flower.

FITBMX

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I saw this little guy while I was looking for birds. :)
C&C welcome.

IMG_3102.jpg
IMG_3108.jpg

I like the second one best of the two, except for that big leaf sticking into it on the right side.

WesternGuy

I like the second one best of the two, except for that big leaf sticking into it on the right side.

WesternGuy

I never even noticed that leaf until you said something, how in the heck did I miss it???:aiwebs_016:

WesternGuy

I never even noticed that leaf until you said something, how in the heck did I miss it???:aiwebs_016:

No problem. I often have the same problem - take what I think is a great pic in the field and get it onto the computer only to see something similar. A friend of mine, who is a professional photographer, refers to them as "pokies". Sometimes you can fix them in post, sometimes not and I have had some nice images ruined by my failure to check for "pokies". I am learning however, I now carry a "macro kit" with me in the field that I use for shots like these. It consists of a couple of soft makeup brushes that I use for light cleaning off a subject or the area around it, a pair of 7" tweezers with a crooked end to carefully bend things out of the way and small pair of very sharp scissors for cutting away dead stuff ( or mysterious leaves)if it is in the way. I also carry a Leatherman if I need any other tools. :biggrin-93:

Carrying the kit forces me to have a careful look at things around my subject before I take the shot, so my shots are getting better, at least I hope so.

WesternGuy

No problem. I often have the same problem - take what I think is a great pic in the field and get it onto the computer only to see something similar. A friend of mine, who is a professional photographer, refers to them as "pokies". Sometimes you can fix them in post, sometimes not and I have had some nice images ruined by my failure to check for "pokies". I am learning however, I now carry a "macro kit" with me in the field that I use for shots like these. It consists of a couple of soft makeup brushes that I use for light cleaning off a subject or the area around it, a pair of 7" tweezers with a crooked end to carefully bend things out of the way and small pair of very sharp scissors for cutting away dead stuff ( or mysterious leaves)if it is in the way. I also carry a Leatherman if I need any other tools. :biggrin-93:

Carrying the kit forces me to have a careful look at things around my subject before I take the shot, so my shots are getting better, at least I hope so.

WesternGuy

Part of my problem was that I was looking for birds, and saw the flower, and just snapped a shot. I didn't but enough thought into it. That is a good idea caring a few tools with you. I always a sharp pocket knife and my Victorinox multi tool, Leatherman's don't hold up for me, I use my multi tools really hard.
Thanks for the tips! :)

Leatherman's don't hold up. I find this interesting as you are the first person I have heard say this. Mine is doing okay, but maybe it doesn't get the workout that yours does. I have a friend who works his quite hard and he has never had any problems that I know of. Maybe it has to do with the model, some may be better built than others, just like cameras :biggrin-93: .

WesternGuy

Most reactions

New Topics

Back