Just a Quick Bokeh Test

Space Face

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Having just purchased the Sigma 105mm f/1.4 Art, the so called Bokeh Master, I thought I'd give it a wee go at f/1.4.

These are just a few random, hand held shots for the purposes of the bokeh test. Not cropped, not sharpened, no NR, just a few lighting tweeks to the raw files in LR.

I have to say, the sharpness of this lens is awesome (tho I did have to micro adjust in the 5Dsr) and the bokeh is buttery smooth.

Worth the money for a non Pro like me? I'm impressed so far and think I'll have a lot of fun with this lens, so yeah, definitely worth it.

105-3.jpg

105-6.jpg

105-4.jpg

105-5.jpg

Nice set and I think it was worth the money, so much in fact I'm going to have to start calling you, "Bokeh Boy."
Well, maybe "Broke Boy" instead for now with that bad ankle. ;)

Nice set and I think it was worth the money, so much in fact I'm going to have to start calling you, "Bokeh Boy."
Well, maybe "Broke Boy" instead for now with that bad ankle. ;)

Thank you:D:D

@Space Face Nice set. That is a sweet lens. However, I discovered a $30 legacy lens that not only has creamy Bokeh...........it has balls, big balls.

Jemmye & Mimi20191024_1898-HDR.jpg

Last edited:
I'm curious what you think of the size and weight? I tried out the Sigma 135mm f/1.8 recently and thought it was a bit heavy for regular use, and the 105mm is even bigger and more than a pound heavier. Is it as unwieldy as it sounds?

I discovered a $30 legacy lens that not only has creamy Bokeh...........it has balls, big balls.
I just hang a set of truck nuts from my 150-600

I'm curious what you think of the size and weight? I tried out the Sigma 135mm f/1.8 recently and thought it was a bit heavy for regular use, and the 105mm is even bigger and more than a pound heavier. Is it as unwieldy as it sounds?

It's a lump that's for sure. I'm used to lugging about and hand holding the likes of the Sigma 150-600 and the Canon 500mm f/4 and I'm a bit of a lump too:D. So the weight isn't a major issue for me at the moment.

Because there's no IS on it, slower shutter speeds might need a tri or mono pod. It's not designed to be a walk about lens and I'd imagine it'd be an issue for some less capable of carrying a heavy weight. That said it looks great and so far I'm impressed with it's overall performance but it'll take a fair bit of getting used to, to get it to fulfill it's potential.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back