Ruby (after lunch) (PIC HEAVY!!!!)

What a sweetheart, great memories you will cherish. She is adorable with a lot of personality coming through. Good job overall. For next time, you might need to move the key just a tiny bit higher based on the catch lights. The only other comment I might make is the light set you have is a grossly underpowered, waste of time. I know, because I got suckered myself several years ago with a very similar set. I tried everything to make them work and finally gave up. A far better setup is to use two off camera flashes and reflective umbrellas with diffusion covers. You can also place her near a sunlit window and use a large white poster board or white sheet as a reflector for fill.
Thanks very much Dean.

Yeah, had the light set not much more than her head height. I shall extend the stand next time, I never considered doing that. Just my inexperience I suppose.

The light set up was just something I got on the cheap for solely taking pictures of Ruby indoors and with the Sigma 105 f/1.4 Art, lens used here (it's a beast😁) it's ample, particularly when all three are used. I have absolutely no experience with off camera flash and again not overly confident with any kind of flash photography, with the exception of Macro. It's something I should perhaps look into tho.

Thank you for taking the time to give advice I really appreciate it.

Awe----! she's so cute. I bet you're not the scowling old codger when she's around. :wink-6:

I like the set. For just mucking around, you did pretty good. Try some serious shots some time and see what you can produce. I know you can do much better if you try.

beautiful baby,,,love all the expressions... and your photos of her are wonderful treasure

Most reactions

Back