What's new

Just a quickie

NayLoMo6C

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Dec 28, 2010
Messages
819
Reaction score
79
Location
San Francisco, CA
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Drove by this park in San Mateo yesterday and the sun was starting to set. Decided to snap a quick pic

IMG_8157.jpg
 
I think a little more water is required in this picture. The crop seems a bit to tight to the towers.
 
thanks for your response, i too wished there was more water in the frame but i was at a distance where my angle of view limited the amount of water visible in the frame, and thus.
 
I think the low horizon has the effect of making the power lines seem even taller and imposing than they really are. I like the clouds, the color of the sunset. The power lines are the focus to me. The water didn't seem like it was supposed to be important.

That's just my take...
 
Just a quickie
That's what I said to her last night and it turned into a longie. :biggrin:

On the image though.... I think if you had waited another 20-30 minutes to shoot, the sun would have fallen behind the hills and still illuminated the sky and clouds with some wonderful colors. A bracketed series of shots could have given you more shadow detail. I agree with willis_927 that a lower PoV that included more below the base of the transmission towers might have given a more pleasant look. Consider positioning your horizon line at the bottom third of the frame.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom