Just Acquired 5 Film cameras, which one(s) should I keep

mattstallone

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey all,
My girlfriend is a home organizer and one of her clients gave her all these film cameras, which she gave to me. I never really shot film with the exception of that class in highschool that everyone takes. I don't want to keep all 5 of these cameras around because I have enough camera gear as it is, but wouldn't mind keeping the best one. So could you guys help me out with my lucky camera problem? Also I can't figure out how many mp these have either?
just kidding ;)

Here's the list
1-Pentax K1000 w/50 f/2.8
2-Canon eos 650 w/35-105 f/3.5-4.5
3-Nikon N2000 w/35-70 f/2.8
4-Nikon FE2 w/zykkor MC Zoom 35-105 f/3.5-105
5-Miranda Sensorex w/50 f/1.9

Thanks for any help its greatly appreciated

Last edited:
What is it you need help with?

If I were you ... I would keep the EOS 650 (as you have a 7D that can use EF lenses).

Sell the others and build up on shooting/developing FF film.

I can't adivise you on which one to keep without knowing the condition of the cameras. It won't do you much good to keep a camera that doesn't work properly. If all are in good condition, the FE2 would have the most value.

Last edited:
I repeat my original question.
Just wanted to know which camera is the best out of the 5 listed. While there is plenty of comparisons on digital cams there isn't much on film cameras.
Also I need to update my current gear, I now have the 5dmk2 and no longer have the 7d.

See my post #5 above

I guess the EOS makes the best sense, but the FE2 sure is a nice manual focus camera.

I would've taken them all except Canon.
All of them are metal and represent history. Their value and visual appeal rises every day. Than plastic Canon is not really valuable on long term but the others.... you will regret them later.

Keep the fe2, sell that nikon 35-70mm f2.8 for $350 on ebay and buy a nice set of nikon ais primes with the proceeds. Or just use the 35-70mm with the fe2.

thanks for all the advice, Im gonna stick with the fe2.

I love old manual cameras that dont need batteries. Knowing how to rock some film is a good skill too. I would see about getting an adaptor for some of those prime lens too. I have an old canon slr like that 650 too. Good camera. You should be able to use all your canon lenses with it.

I would keep the FE-2 and the 35-70mm f/2.8, assuming it is the Nikkor AF-D 35-70. The EOS 650 is not too bad of an early AF camera...simple design, clean lines.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back