Just after sunset close to home

thereyougo!

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Been waiting for more settled weather as has been pretty damp and foggy here in South Wales. Walking to and from one of the local supermarkets I fancied a shot at twilight over the busy M4. The conditions were pretty good so decided to give the location a try. I suspect that some of the drivers thought I was a speed trap as a stream of traffic was moving more slowly.

Pentax 645D FA 33-55 at f/11 and 33mm 15 secs ISO 100 processed in Color efex pro 4

Mynydd-Dinas-and-the-M4 by singingsnapper, on Flickr

Pentax 645D FA 120 at f/11 20 secs ISO 100

M4-towards-Port-Talbot by singingsnapper, on Flickr

For me, I much prefer picture #1, especially in the landscape format. Colors are brilliant, more so then in picture #2. The sky in pic #1 has beautiful tones of a setting sun, while picture #2 is just dark blue. Pole lights in pic #1 aren't blown out and just blend into the composition as a whole.

Thanks both. I climbed the mountain that you can see in no1 this evening. The weather wasn't as clear today as it was yesterday although it stayed dry it was misty in the middle distance for much of the day. They are all shot from the same spot but with different focal lengths.

Pentax 645D FA 33-55 at 45mm f/16 20 secs

Port-Talbot-at-Twilight by singingsnapper, on Flickr

Pentax with FA 75 at f/11 25 secs

M4-makes-its-way-around-the-twilight-mountains by singingsnapper, on Flickr

FA 120 f/16 20 secs

Twilight-M4 by singingsnapper, on Flickr

and some crops from the previous one:

M4 light show1 by singingsnapper, on Flickr

M4 light show4 by singingsnapper, on Flickr

M4 light show3 by singingsnapper, on Flickr

I like your "show4" crop the most. Beautiful detail and light trails.

I like your "show4" crop the most. Beautiful detail and light trails.
That's my favourite too. I had the crops in mind when I took the photo. At the moment it's the perfect time of year or night trails as when the clocks go forward, there won't be as much traffic on the roads. It's actually quite a small section of the overall shot and demonstrates just how sharp the Pentax 645 FA 120 Macro lens is. It's about 25% of the whole frame.

i like that crop as well, Good work. And in the OP #1 is better.

I am really intrigued by these shots. I am now motivated to try something similar. Thanks!

I much prefer the 1st pano crop. The winding roadway enters from the lower right and makes it way through the picture but exits out the top rather then the left, nice touch. Also the color saturation and contrast are much better.

Although the second pano looks sharper (at least at the image sizes shown), I prefer the first pano partly because you've kept the graceful curve of the roadway in the foreground, and partly because it look more "real". The second looks a little to bright given how the rest of the scene (clouds, mist) look.

These shots are great. Unlike others, I prefer the less cropped ones. They have a great sense of depth and I was very intrigued in them. Good work.

Super sunset. The offset sun really helps to make the composition. I'm so use to beach sunsets that I had to take a real close look to realize that all those were houses, not bumps, lumps, and clumps. As for the Steelworks, it's very busy for sure, but it works for me. I just keep on staring at it. Anywhere I look there are interesting things to see.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back