What's new

Just an exercise in lighting

BTW, the inverted glass thing isn't quite as useful on a constant BG...it still works, but it can also be a distraction... creative choices and all...

I was having a tough time getting the angle I wanted shooting the glass otherwise where I had it setup.

I think your lighting skills are progressing very nicely, Braineack!

Thanks, appreciate it. Can't learn if you don't try. Lighting these in the manner I did makes you think differently, because you're not really lighting the glass, but the wall behind, or the cards beside and the glass is only reflecting what you've lit or blocking light from exposing the bg.
 
Thanks, appreciate it. Can't learn if you don't try. Lighting these in the manner I did makes you think differently, because you're not really lighting the glass, but the wall behind, or the cards beside and the glass is only reflecting what you've lit or blocking light from exposing the bg.

It's actually not any different; it's just much more subtle/controlled. A white card is just another light source, and a black card is just a flag. Highly reflective objects really show you the nuances of lighting because they show EVERYTHING.
The transparency of the glass adds a unique wrinkle if you didn't want to see the BG lighting thru it... another topic for another day.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom