What's new

Just An Experiment

  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #16
Those things that go in a plant that look like a witches ball!

Oooh, another great idea of something to experiment with...but not what these are. ;)
Oh, also, I got a whole bunch of them for my dollar. Way more than I used for this.
 
Could it be those bags of balls you get to light your candle with?

Nice use of color! :thumbup:
 
Nice.

They look a bit like those soft, squishy, liquid-filled balls with the glitter inside.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #20

Not marbles.

Could it be those bags of balls you get to light your candle with?

Nice use of color! :thumbup:

I don't even know what those are, although they sound kinda cool. At any rate, you wouldn't be able to light a candle with these.

Nice.

They look a bit like those soft, squishy, liquid-filled balls with the glitter inside.

I *think* I know what these are, but not sure...what I used isn't filled with glitter or liquid...well, not filled with liquid in the strictest sense, anyway. :lol:

About to head off to a big day--86th Birthday party for my mama. :D
Tonight, or tomorrow, if nobody has figured out what they are, I'll tell you. Maybe. :D
 
did they come from an adult toy store?
 
I thought they were glitter balls too. Damnit.

Neat picture.

Now that I know what those glass balks are I'm so buying one.

I need me some balls.
 
They look good enough to eat. I wonder if they have a jalapano flavor...
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #28

Ding, Ding, Ding!! We have a winner! You win....the exclusive right to say you were right. :lmao:

Well, that's pretty much them, anyway. The ones I got were like this:
$hydratingfloralbeads.webp

They come in a package with a "disposable" vase (which I've used several times), and the tiny little hard beads in the package (the little beads are a different color, because I didn't have any blue ones that hadn't been hydrated).
You stick the little tiny beads into the vase, add some water, and a few hours later, the beads have soaked up all the water and look like the blue ones in the photo. I got blue, green and red ones. They stay hydrated for a REALLY long time (mine have been in the vase--granted, without flowers--for over a month now), but you can also take them out and let them dry back up into the little tiny beads, store them and then use them again.

The backdrop was this:
$waterballbackdrop.webp

(sorry about the bad photos here; just did this in a hurry to post here).

The challenge was getting the beads to stay put. I had them on glass, elevated about 8 inches off the table, but they wanted to just slide right off anything I put them on, so getting them to stay put long enough to get focus was kind of tricky.

The next time I experiment with them, I'll try to remember to take a picture of my setup. I did use ocf, camera right.

It was a really interesting experiment in how to control lighting and reflections and the results sometimes surprised me.
 
Pretty cool! I love the way they "catch" background!
 
Neat!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom