Just an idea

Actor

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Cameras in telephones are common. What if a manufacturer were to turn this idea upside down and put a telephone in a DSLR? The purpose of such a phone would not be your day-to-day communications (voice, texting, whatever) but to transmit your pictures directly to your computer. At dial-up speeds the process would be slow but speeds are always increasing.

Imagine an encounter with a cop.

"You can't take pictures here. I demand you erase your chip."

"Certainly officer. Glad to oblige." :lol:

Of course the down side of this is that police would quickly learn of the technology, confiscate your camera and get a warrant to search your house and impound your computer. :evil:

Well, it's not exactly a telephone, but a camera that can use a Wi-Fi enabled SD memory card, like the new Nikon D300s for example, can transmit photos directly to a server or FTP site whenever it is in reach of a wireless network...plus there are add-on accessories for certain Nikon and Canon d-slr's, which allow sports and news shooters to instantly begin "beaming" their shots back to a computer right over a wireless network.

Eye-Fi memory cards: wireless photo and video uploads straight from your camera to your computer & the web.

How does the Eye-Fi card work? | Eye-Fi

Eye-Fi Share Video Wi-Fi SD Card - washingtonpost.com

I dunno...I think I'd rather have a voice system in my future camera, so I could call ahead for takeout Chinese food and pizza, occasionally.

The story of my life. Someone else has beaten me to the patent office.:grumpy:

A phone camera? I would think it would make a good camera and be a crap phone if the camera phone is anything to go by, but realistically could our phones get any worse then they are? :lol:

So basically what you're waiting for is something like a 3G cellular card that works like the wi-fi stuff Derrell was talking about. Probably not too far away really, as long as the manufacturers see some kind of market in it.

Why not just have the ability to hook directly to your iPhone and transmit that way? Haven't seen an "app" for that yet...

or wi-fi -->iPhone-->3G-->Home computer?

Too early to be thinking about this stuff... Talk to you in a couple hours.

Ring Ring ......

A: "Hello, John?"
B: "hey what's up, Peter?"
A: "I need to talk to you for about 30mins regarding the project we are currently working on."
B thinking ... "30 minutes? oh SH?T!"
B: "Hey ..buddy ..... hold on for a sec .. will ya? I need to mount my phone on tripod real quick"

Then "B" mount his camera with a 600mm F/4L IS USM lens on the tripod ...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back