Just an owl

joemc

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This was shot at Bush wildlife sactuary in Jupiter Florida... He/She is waiting to be released back into the wild.

I shot this shot a while back but what reminded me of it is a little something that happened a few minutes ago.... My wife has a 17 year old frail shiatsu and he has a 20x20 area fenced off in the backyard for him to go outside and get some exercise and do his business.... Well a few minutes ago I went outside to get him and I spotted an owl on the fence....My first instinct was to run as fast as I could to get my camera.... and after about two steps into my jog.... I figured out why he might be there..... the little dog only ways about 5 lbs..... so instead I chased him off and brought the dog inside :grumpy:

I guess from this point forward the dog only goes out in daylight hours... It was dusk when all this happened....But hey...My wife will be proud of me for choosing her dog over getting a cool shot :hug::

Comments and suggestions welcome!
Cheers, Joe

Last edited:
Nice shot! You did right by moving the dog...The Great Horned Owl is a vicious Raptor when it wants it prey!!

Thanks Eric.... I have seen them attack and they are very aggressive... He honestly did not want to leace the fence.... I got within 10 ft of him before he flew off?

Cheers, Joe

Geesh, I figured you fenced in your yards to keep your pets safe from gators. I didn't even think about flying threats.

Yeah you definitely did the right thing. I think you would have had a lot of explaining to do if the owl killed the dog,.......... "but honey, look at the bokeh on the owl!" :lmao:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back