What's new

Unusual Great Horned Owl Behavior

24megapixseal75 2

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Oct 26, 2024
Messages
245
Reaction score
727
Location
Kansas
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I had a friend text me and he said he had a Great Horned Owl that was nesting on the GROUND, beside an old silo on his farm. I've never heard of a GHO doing this 🤯

So I went out this morning, and took a few snaps! It was windy, VERY windy! But I managed to get a few decent photos.

She's gotta sit on those eggs for 30-37 days, then it's another 6-7 weeks before the owlets fledge (fly the coop!)....that's a looooong period of time to avoid predators....let's hope for the best 🙏🙏🤞🤞
IMG_20250318_134028.webp
KSP_8734.webp
KSP_8791 (2).webp
KSP_8798 (2).webp
KSP_8809 (1).webp
KSP_8777 (1).webp
KSP_8766 (1).webp


All taken with my long 500mm lens and then heavily cropped.
 
Nice shots. Never heard of them nesting on the ground.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom