What's new

Just before the rain

donlope01

TPF Noob!
Joined
May 18, 2011
Messages
8
Reaction score
1
Location
Toulouse - France
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi everybody,

Here is my first picture posted on this forum...this is a photo taken some minutes before a storm.
I loved the colours and try to get them as I saw this day on post production.

Hope you love it and thanks for your comments!

finalco.jpg
[/URL][/img]
finalco.jpg
][IMG]
 
I like it. It's like two pictures in one.
 
I like it. It's like two pictures in one.

Thank you very much...in fact, I shot this in Raw format and did two different developments, one for the sky and one for the foreground...so this is kind of two different pictures!
 
Beautiful. Very moody :)
 
Nice shot. One of the key factors in a successful picture is evoking an emotion in the viewer, and this one does it well. It's a very dramatic shot. Well done.
 
I like this too :thumbup: the horse really stands out in the picture but with the moody sky and winding path, I think it all works together really well.
 
Nice shot. One of the key factors in a successful picture is evoking an emotion in the viewer, and this one does it well. It's a very dramatic shot. Well done.

I totally agree with this comment - great shot!
 
Ooo, I love the mood on this one. Lighting is superb. Well captured :thumbup:

Edit: I dont think this image would have nearly the impact if the horse was brown. He looks epic against that sky.
 
Quite a wonderful image and very well processed.

Two comments.
I would have likes a little more to the left to get a bit more of the road edge to close off that corner and maybe to move the horse to the right.
Also, the white opening in the cloud is good but it also draws the eye and my eye skips back and forth. I tried a crop to cut off a bit of the white opening (thus diminishing its effect) and the effect seems better to me.

But, in any case, very nice.

llfinalco.jpg
 
Thank you for your comment!
I also had a version of the picture cropped, but I loved the impression of the horse overwhelmed by the sky, that's why I kept the image that way.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom