Just bought a Sigma 70-300mm f/4-5.6 APO DG Macro

JRob

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well I ordered the sigma and got it today. Here are a few test shots with it. These are just tests no real thought out pics. So far I like it. The autofocus is fast and so much quieter than my 50mm f1.8 lol. I love the fact that it came with a hood and a nice case. It is well worth the 200 i paid for it especially since it has a macro mode. This thing will be useless in low light but i didnt buy it for low light use so yeah i love it.
sigmatestci4.jpg

sigmatest2tu7.jpg

This one was done through my car window on macro mode.
sigmatest3lm0.jpg

sigmatest4bu1.jpg

sigmatest5eu1.jpg

sigmatest6il2.jpg

Thanks. You've just given me an idea on what lens to get next...in six months.

you need to find some more interesting things to take pictures of!

I just recently picked this lens up as well. It is incredibly sharp at f/8 and on a sunny day f/8 is no problem. I took it to the zoo last weekend and took 180 photo's all at f/8 and never had a problem.

These have a very, very slight USM in NX and honestly....only a tiny boost in colors
d5588504.jpg

b1bdcf71.jpg

This lens is really a bargain and takes great photos for the cost. Macro mode is great too
2bc236e4.jpg

425dcac6.jpg

I got my sigma because I wanted a cheap tele lens till I get my budget right again and can afford a proper one. This lens has a pretty bad opinion, but still I decided to give it a try. It really is very soft wide open, and still quite soft 1 stop down, but set it to f8 and it will be good enough for most amateur outdoor shots. When someone, like me, posts most of his shots on web and prints A5 size photos, it's good value for money. Well, if you don't think of it as macro lens, because it is not, 18-55 kit lens will do just as "good".

Most reactions

New Topics

Back