Just bricked a k200

skittle

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
HELP!
I used dick smith rechargeables and didn't know certain battery types brick the camera. Is there anything I can do to fix it? Or will the warranty still cover it?

Try using a code familiar to more people.

This is an international forum and the slang that may be common in your neiborhood isn't universal.

It sounds like you didn't read the cameras users manual.

If you put the wrong batteries in the camera and fried it, it's your mistake, not something a warranty would cover.

Way to go with the attack KmH. Maybe you should read the k200's user manual yourself and apologise to skittle. The k200 uses AAs. Page 39 of the manual says you can use AA Lithium, AA Ni-MH, or AA Alkaline batteries with no mention of brand.

Dick Smith only sells standard off the shelf AA batteries so it doesn't sound like it's possible that any choice of AA batteries of Dick Smith could have fried the camera, nor does the manual say anything about limited liability given that the k200 uses off the shelf batteries so warranty wouldn't be void.

Skittle can you confirm with a different set of batteries that it's the camera at fault and you haven't simply got a set of dud batteries? If you can't get it going do a warranty claim on it.

The OP didn't provide a lot of information.

What part of the world is Dick Smith located? Is it a person or a store or both?

The OP doesn't have a location in their profile!

I infered that "bricked" is slang for damaged/dead but still can't be sure!

At any event my last statement stands.

It's just a pentax...
:lol:

Kidddiiiiing

Simply put, call Pentax.

The OP didn't provide a lot of information.

What part of the world is Dick Smith located? Is it a person or a store or both?

The OP doesn't have a location in their profile!

I infered that "bricked" is slang for damaged/dead but still can't be sure!

At any event my last statement stands.

Even if Dick Smith isn't a store, you could still interpret it as like joe blo batteries, or just generic's.

I thought pretty much everyone knew what bricked meant. Well iguess there's an age barrier there too.

nonetheless, this is your friend KmH:

Urban Dictionary, March 22: Myth-information

:lmao: I didn't even realised you tripped out on the word bricked. I thought that was a common word all over the world. Heck even the news has used it.

Dick Smith is a .... was a electronics hobbyist store. Once selling every chip imaginable they now make their shareholders happy selling mobile phones, TVs, and batteries. Ultimately it doesn't matter. Dick Smith is a reputable store but you may as well have gotten the batteries from 7/11

Even if Dick Smith isn't a store, you could still interpret it as like joe blo batteries, or just generic's.

I have to admit that I too ignored this thread because I wasn't quite sure...

I thought "Dick Smith" == "Joe Blo" == "Whatever crap you can find".

The only time I've heard of the term "Bricked" was in reference to people who screwed up their iphones. I had not realized that it was a more widely used term.

In the end.. this is kinda funny.

Kinda reminds me of the first time someone mentioned the "Wawa" after I moved up from the south. I kept saying "Wawa What?" "WTF is a Wawa?" :lol:

Its a convenience store up here in the central and southern part of NJ as well as in PA. Similar to 711 but I'd say better.

If you are Filipino, its what we teach babies to call their grandmother as a term of endearment. :lol:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back