Just desert (4 images)

Alex_B

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Here come 4 images taken this spring in the desert of southern Egypt, close to the border of Sudan. They are not that brilliant as I had some trouble with sandstorms giving the sky a somewhat grey cast.

1: Sunrise
2006_245.jpg

2: Strange colour cast
2006_263.jpg

3: Lonely mountain
2006_265.jpg

4: A Nubian house at night (this is actually further north, just south of Aswan)
2006_241.jpg

Cool. YOU really have been EVERYWHERE, haven't you? Wow. The desert in south Egypt ... well. WOW!

LaFoto said:
Cool. YOU really have been EVERYWHERE, haven't you?

8) I admit I like to travel ... but I did not really start posting my travel photography yet .. it is way too touristy for this forum anyway ;)

But there are MANY places I have not been to yet.

To be honest, I myself am not happy with the sky in no.2 and no.3.

But thanks for the positive critique :)

Stark yet beautiful landscapes...those look like pyramids..

Dang... Alex... please don't hit me... I forgot about your pics :p but you nicely reminded me :)
so here you go: the first one and the last one are my favs... the first one is "dreamy", magical... the last one... is "magical" too and has an exotic touch for me :)

chris82 said:
WHAT!!!You say there not great,there brilliant.good work.:salute:

My critique is usually rather harsh .. so why should it stop when it comes to my images ;)

no.2 and 3. were taken through a toned window of a vehicle while driving. The reflections and the colour cast of that window caused a lot of trouble which I tried to compensate. But I feel I only succeeded partially.

Alex_B said:
My critique is usually rather harsh .. so why should it stop when it comes to my images ;)

no.2 and 3. were taken through a toned window of a vehicle while driving. The reflections and the colour cast of that window caused a lot of trouble which I tried to compensate. But I feel I only succeeded partially.

i was going to say i agreed with cosmo that they had an other-worldly mood to them, but i can see where the colored window could have adjusted the light to give them that appearance. Still nice shots. :thumbup: I'd probably feel like I was on another planet in those deserts. It must be fun to get to see so much of the world... :D

Very nice series, number 1 and 3 stand out to me.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back