What's new

Just Desert

abraxas

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Aug 15, 2006
Messages
10,417
Reaction score
9
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
799-desert-r0409.jpg


-
 
your title sums it up perfectly, just desert. there isn't anything there to grab the viewer's attention. i do alot of desert stuff, you can really get some great images with the dunes and colors, keep trying, sorry :-)
check out some of mine if ya need some ideas

Mike Leggero
http://www.michaelleggero.com
 
This is good, i like it. i especially like the shadow on the small hill which gives the feeling of a cloud just above.
 
your title sums it up perfectly, just desert. there isn't anything there to grab the viewer's attention. i do alot of desert stuff, you can really get some great images with the dunes and colors, keep trying, sorry :-)
check out some of mine if ya need some ideas

Mike Leggero
http://www.michaelleggero.com

Mike, your landscape link isn't working.

This is good, i like it. i especially like the shadow on the small hill which gives the feeling of a cloud just above.

Thanks. I've always liked the splotched and splashed shadows on the hills in the sun. I thought this had some overall nice lines worth showing off as well. -Just desert. BTW, the slight, lighter lines are an earthquake faultline as well as the subject hill, which has long been inactive.

Here's another a little further down the road--

799-jdesert-r0410.jpg


-
 
I love the first one for tis simplicity; much appealing

The next is not that much, probably due to comparison

Regards :)
 
I love the first one for tis simplicity; much appealing

The next is not that much, probably due to comparison

Regards :)

Thanks. Agreed. Two different things entirely.

Here's for the first:

Calico'd hills faraway they're
painted with a splotched sky-
Over a dry canvas nearly bare.
Distant and warm, opposite I
take more than a moment to stare ...
... and watch the shadows painting by
 
Last edited:
Never think that desert can be so charming and marvelous. Hey, you are good at this.
 
and i was hoping to see some cupcakes or ice cream... disappointing.

Oh wait, you said desert not dessert.
 
and i was hoping to see some cupcakes or ice cream... disappointing.

Oh wait, you said desert not dessert.

Thank you Aaron for taking the time from your beautiful photographic work to express whatever it is you did here. Disappointing.

-
 
and i was hoping to see some cupcakes or ice cream... disappointing.

Oh wait, you said desert not dessert.

Thank you Aaron for taking the time from your beautiful photographic work to express whatever it is you did here. Disappointing.

-


I was making a joke about the similarities of the words desert and dessert and that there is the standard phrase "getting his just desserts" and the thread was entitled "just desert". It was not a comment on the photos at all or an attack at anyone.

The joke was that someone might misread the title and think they were going to see a photo of some cake... get it?

It was just meant as a fun joke. Sorry if you misread the sarcasm.
 
Last edited:
Understood. Thank you for the explanation.

& You do gorgeous work.
 
Understood. Thank you for the explanation.

& You do gorgeous work.
thanks. you as well.

On a side note, I tried to reply to your PM, but it said you arent accepting messages.
 
...
On a side note, I tried to reply to your PM, but it said you arent accepting messages.

It's a defense mechanism developed so I don't get crap like the first response from michaelangelo in my PM box. I probably shouldn't post here at all, but it gives me something to do while I study certain artists I don't see elsewhere.

-
 
Speaking of just desert, here are some shots I took last year of the Shacharut Dunes in the Negev Desert in Israel.

I hope you enjoy.

land7.jpg



land16.jpg
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom